Tales of Demons and Gods - Reviews

Alt title: Yaoshenji

Tales of Demons and Gods
dannyjayes1's avatar
Dec 14, 2015

This is a great manga/LN in my opinion, the story is great, about a boy who used to be the strongest man, but when the city got invaded, slowly his friends staerted to die to the monsters, and later on he also died, but went back in time for some reason to when he was 13, and had all of his knoledge, yet was the weakest person. overall this is a great story, would recommend it to everyone.

8.5/10 characters
Von77Exault's avatar
Nov 16, 2018

This manhua is really good to read,the main character is weak but he use his knowledge in past life to make him strong.If you read this manhua,i recommended you to watch the anime too because some stories in anime are not in this manhua.

9.7/10 overall
maxbys's avatar
Dec 8, 2021

First thing why overall is 8, so if there was something like lore or world i would give it a 10 i really like world created in this webtoon it really is rich in all the beasts and wonders. It was propably why i really sunk when reading it becasue i was wondering where MC will go next and what he will meet there. Otherwise story is practially power fantasy 1.0 with MC going back in time and use all his knowledge to save the world? Or rule it? it hard to say why he needs to kill that last guy if i m honest :D. The thing about this knowledge it is kinda dumb because he knows too freaking much seriously without any special ability or skill he seems to remeber everything and when i say everything i really mean everything it really hurts me it wasn't adressed in any way when he could simply say as if that necklece he has has some weird memory augmenting abilities or something but noo nothing he just remembers everything deal with it :). Art is ok, beast are really great, fights can be somewhat lacking but over all it is good sometimes lazy. Characters are nothing special really if you look for some really deep characters look elsewhere here MC is mostly for power fantasy purposes and ladies are his waifus to be so nothing special. So if you really like discovering a world when reading a manga/manhwa and have a lot of free time to burn i really recommend it.

7.5/10 art
Proto57's avatar
Aug 8, 2020

The story is very interesting and refreshing. I really love it and it's a pleasure to read. Characters are very good, the MC is smart and interesting, I like his personality. You have bunch of another characters with MC, they are nice too. I really appreciate their friendship and their bond, MC does not hesitate to help them to get stronger. I have the feeling that the author knows how to reinvent the story that's why it didnt feel repetitive at all in my opinion. The setup and the powers are very interesting.

This is by far one of the best thing I have ever read. I was hooked up since the start.

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 characters
JurgenHeros's avatar
Aug 19, 2020

It has become one of my favorite mangas to read. The story is well paced and the growth of the characters, although quite fast, is well explained so it doesnt feel forced at all. Many say that the mc is too powerful but i think thats well written, an op mc doesnt mean bad story or plot. But the think that i like the most is the world building and the small but continuous building of the overall plot. I fully recommend it. Btw some say that its got harem, but, trust me, it doesnt. Mc likes one girl and another girl likes him, thats all, just a simple love triangle which is not even that relevant to the story.

8.5/10 characters