Tales of Demons and Gods

Add review
StaffOfOne's avatar
Jul 29, 2017

*Up to Ch. 134*

The main character is a little too powerful for my liking (basically a God!MC as well as the inevitable harem which forms around such a person), however the worldbuilding is good. The smattering of political intrigue is also interesting.

Although it is satisfying to read knowing that all the bad guys are going to get their just desserts and everyone is going to bow down and acknowledge the MC's brilliance and genius, Yaoshenji could do with more tension (as to the fate of MC). God!MC is what he's been for the most recent chapters which the author can only rectify at this point if they throw a major curveball at the MC so he's not so powerful (at leasts in comparison to threats on a broader scale -- maybe if it got to the point that all the major changes getting made start backfiring with consequences he didn't intend). <-- on reflection, the current arc may be doing just that, however my main point about the MC being too OP (right now) stands.

I really do think that a story focusing on the prequel (the original timeline) would be more interesting, especially in terms of theme and character development. I want to see the trials and tribulations he went through to learn all those arts, ancient languages, and classical scrolls which are referenced to in the flashbacks. Fleshing that out more would possibly also help with the characterizations/motivations which so far have been pretty one sided.

AllySol's avatar
Jan 19, 2016

I really loved this. It was so awesome. It was almost like that main character was Naruto except with more knowledge, and things go right for him. I love how he uses his past knowledge to help his peers even the ones he did not know well in his previous life. Although I think that insted of liking who he likes he should like a different person(or at least that's who I ship him with. I would recommend this manga to everyone. It is such a good read.

dannyjayes1's avatar
Dec 14, 2015

This is a great manga/LN in my opinion, the story is great, about a boy who used to be the strongest man, but when the city got invaded, slowly his friends staerted to die to the monsters, and later on he also died, but went back in time for some reason to when he was 13, and had all of his knoledge, yet was the weakest person. overall this is a great story, would recommend it to everyone.

8.5/10 characters
Emma099c's avatar
May 11, 2016

:-) the story is great and there is really nothing else I can say <3

PandorasActor17's avatar
Oct 14, 2018

Tales of Demons and Dragons is simply one of the best Mangas/Manuha I have ever read.

I personally think it is swell made in generall, but I gotta admit, that it hit me directly in the right spot. It contains a wide variety of things i love:

A MC who is extremly clever and wields a vast amout of knowledge, who starts of weak (more or less) and gets strong rather fast, who hides a lot of his actual strenght and who is not just strong because he is lucky, but because he worked hard for it... (even though this was pretty much before the start of the Manuha)

The characters all have quite some personality and develope in various diffrent ways.

I personally adore the Artstly... but espically this topic is always argueable.

The Story itself seems to follow a quite linear line... with a lot of extremly great branches, which give the Manuha its greatness.

8.9/10 story