Sunshine Sketch - Reviews

Sunshine Sketch
theblip's avatar
Feb 10, 2011

Volume One.

The first volume was great and all, but I found myself flicking to the back far too much. Understandably this manga is made for the Japanese, there are lots of Japanese jokes and such a thin book has a reasonably large translation page. I always enjoy 4 panelers, and I liked this amount of colour pages used linking to the artistic thought inside the story. The story itself though is what you'd expect from a slice of life. It's one of those that you'd see in a newspaper or something allong those lines. So it doesn't go into much depth with the story but the characters are a little dull. They look like they are all parts of each other, it's hard to explain but if you read it you'll see what I mean, they're all very similar. I liked the art, it was simple but not too plain. It's not as good as Azumanga or luckystar but I'll still be buying it.

AmyInWonderland's avatar
Jan 6, 2010

I read the whole Volume One of Sunshine Sketch, and not once did it make me grin, let alone smile or laugh. Which is a shame because I found the art and the characters to be cute. The characers antics were just stupid and brought out a 'so what?...next' attitude. Sure, in some of them the characer did something silly, but it wasn't  funny. I read the whole book looking for just one funny panel and I don't think I succeded.