SPY x FAMILY

Add review
TobyWanKenobi's avatar
Jul 6, 2019

A hilarious read, Spy x Family is a great combination of action, romance, and comedy. Centering around the mismatched family of Twilight, Yoru, and Anya, their strange backgrounds and the situations they find themselves in are ridiculously absurd! However, together, the trio is able to pull of amazing stunts and make me cry out in laughter!

hak0's avatar
Nov 4, 2019

Great manga ^^ The concept of this story really hooked me in, and the adorable interactions between Anya and her new foster parents (as well as Damian haha) are hilarious! The slight hint of romance blossoming between certain characters gets me excited for more development and I can't wait to see what direction the plot will take. Overall, it's a must read for those who enjoy comedy, mystery, action, slice of life, and even a bit of romance! (Even if it's just a tiny bit so far.) The only reason I can't give it a 10/10 is that the whole story isn't finished yet...maybe I'll come back and write another review once it's done!!

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Nov 1, 2019

This manga is a lighthearted comedy set in a cold-war type world of espionage and distrust--with spies, assassins, secret police, and even psychics. Twilight is a spy given a mission which necessitates him having a wife and child in a ridiculously short amount of time. The story uses the layers of secrecy within this makeshift family to full effect to create comedic misunderstandings. Anya is the glue that holds everything together. She is adorable, but more importantly the plot progresses because of her and the ironic humor comes from her as well.

[Reviewed at chapter 15]

ferengi4's avatar
Sep 17, 2019

A breath of fresh air to the manga industry. It's not an Isekai, it's not reincarnation, nor is it bland. It's original, funny, and a great time. Every chapter is gold and a blast to read. I hope more stories will come out as original as this.