SPY x FAMILY - Reviews

SPY x FAMILY
TobyWanKenobi's avatar
Jul 6, 2019

A hilarious read, Spy x Family is a great combination of action, romance, and comedy. Centering around the mismatched family of Twilight, Yoru, and Anya, their strange backgrounds and the situations they find themselves in are ridiculously absurd! However, together, the trio is able to pull of amazing stunts and make me cry out in laughter!

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Nov 1, 2019

This manga is a lighthearted comedy set in a cold-war type world of espionage and distrust--with spies, assassins, secret police, and even psychics. Twilight is a spy given a mission which necessitates him having a wife and child in a ridiculously short amount of time. The story uses the layers of secrecy within this makeshift family to full effect to create comedic misunderstandings. Anya is the glue that holds everything together. She is adorable, but more importantly the plot progresses because of her and the ironic humor comes from her as well.

[Reviewed at chapter 15]

ferengi4's avatar
Sep 17, 2019

A breath of fresh air to the manga industry. It's not an Isekai, it's not reincarnation, nor is it bland. It's original, funny, and a great time. Every chapter is gold and a blast to read. I hope more stories will come out as original as this.

hak0's avatar
Nov 4, 2019

Great manga ^^ The concept of this story really hooked me in, and the adorable interactions between Anya and her new foster parents (as well as Damian haha) are hilarious! The slight hint of romance blossoming between certain characters gets me excited for more development and I can't wait to see what direction the plot will take. Overall, it's a must read for those who enjoy comedy, mystery, action, slice of life, and even a bit of romance! (Even if it's just a tiny bit so far.) The only reason I can't give it a 10/10 is that the whole story isn't finished yet...maybe I'll come back and write another review once it's done!!

1ayanokoji1's avatar
Mar 29, 2020

The reason i like this manga SO MUCH  is that it has elements of every genre put into one, and the fact that the author is able to balance that is what makes it such a pleasure to read. i like this manga soo much that i have paused at chapter 17 so i dont have to wait a week or 2 just for one chapter to come out. This is my first ever review on a manga or an anime so to be able to write my first one in this manga is such a joy. It mixes in comedy and action, as well as a sense of absurdity, blood, and a bit of childness to it.I would never change anything about the stories characters as they are perfect.This gives a bit of a spoiler soooooo, throughout the story we see loid and yor develop a relation ship to their 'family' even though they both hide their true horrifying yet ironic identities. Their fakefamily develops throughout the story and as a reader you start wishing that they were just real.

man...i can write pages but as this is just a review ill keep it brief. This manga is amazing.... yep.. pretty much sums it.