Spirit Fingers! - Reviews

Spirit Fingers!
Shriimp's avatar
Dec 16, 2020

This was really a sattisfying read.

I was hesitating before I started reading this..but once I started I finished it in 2 days..

The character development of all characters was awesome , the story was perfect and yes,its so damn funny (I was laughing whole night under my blanket like a ghost)..

It gives out a  really positive message that howsoever you look , whatever your body or figure may look like , if you accept yourself and love yourself , everything's gonna be ok (unlike  the one called true beauty where it seems like you can only be accepted if you match beauty standards) and maybe you can get someone special for  yourself like pooper.

Claaarize's avatar
Jul 21, 2020

Thoughts about Spirit Fingers

• This is soooo GOOD!! If you like romantic comedy with super likeable characters, this webtoon is definitely for you.
  • I don’t usually care about the art but damn! The artist did so well with this. I absolutely adore the colors especially since it goes so well with each characters.
  • Each characters are so well written, I just love all of them. Baebl was kinda bland in the beginning but her character development was amazing. And of course, my favorite Poop Head! I can’t help but smile every time I see him. All the members of Spirit Fingers were also very interesting. You can’t help but root for them to have a happy ending.
  • Overall, if you want a feel good webtoon, this is a must read for you!
shellshock123's avatar
May 11, 2021

Spirit Fingers.

The story is about a shy somewhat unimpressive girl joining a group called the spirit fingers, where people of all ages are allowed to be in. This is her story of coming out of her shell and becoming her own person. With the help of everyone around her.

The series starts weak honestly. The art isn't that impressive (massively changes for weird reasons as well). The comedy isn't that funny and somewhat repetitive. The characters motivations and they themselves aren't that enjoyable to watch either.

This sort of shifts at around chapter 30ish. When we get to know more about the main cast, the characters personalities and generally the series overall becomes much more fun as more and more characters introduced. The drama surrounding certain characters is revealed in more detail.

Throughout the series it just basically grows on you. I can't pinpoint the shift exactly. But suddenly the art style wasn't so bad anymore, the characters personalities weren't so annoying anymore and the comedy starting hitting more than missing. I think this is the gradual change that happens alongside the FMC. When she becomes more confident the series overall becomes more brighter.

Its very enjoyable to watch her become the social butterfly from someone who couldn't even talk to other people. The series does such a great job of showing us that. I do think the side characters could use some work. The male lead especially wasn't really that likable. I mean he grew on me but much much later than everyone else.

The side romances as well was done somewhat poorly. Like this series is a dating romance series and is able to show the tough part of being in a relationship. But at the same time you know it has the cliches that, my work is real important, im not good enough. But these aren't really that problematic either.

I think i disapprove a bit of the message here. I like the fact that the female lead goes through this change. And i like watching her become something that she can be proud. But I don't like the motivation behind it. Yes the people you meet can change you. However this series feels like its saying that the people you meet are cool, exciting, ridiculous, overly friendly than yeah you too can be kinda social than before. As such the message gets a bit muddled. They help her too much and it takes that standing on your 2 feet away. Despite this she still grows herself so yeah.

Some of the characters also just kinda disappear? Like they get removed from the series like Launch did from Dragon ball z. It's not that they are gone but more like the author forgot they existed. The series also drones on for like 30 chapters too long.

Reading this series reminded me of Princess Jellyfish. Its another series where an incredibly shy girl comes out of her shell. The difference however is the fact that the writing in Spirit Fingers is just 100x smarter. And even though the pacing can be slow its not a fucking snooze fest The comedy is also slightly funnier. The romance is much much better. To me this is the series that Princess Jellyfish but falls flat on its face

I think when tying up all the loose ends as well it could have done a much better job. It felt too easy and lazy. The characters also had these issues where everyone else was to blame but themselves. The son is a dick because the mom is a bitch because the father is an asshole because the company is tough etc. This is complete bullshit. Its on thing for the characters to feel this way. Its another for the author to show us and make us want to believe this garbage.

It also has a comedic timing problem.. This is a big issue in every series but doesn't mean i won't mention it. The comedic timing is bad. When making a series discussion. I don't wanna hit with the lanky ass drawing about some stupid ass joke. Its an emotional moment let the scene past.

Despite the issues i mentioned, I think the good part about this series outweighs the bad. The main message of this series is also clear. Though it does kind of hammer it in a little bit.

TLDR Good series. Some issues but overall gets the message across and is entertaining enough throughout. Albeit with a weak start. 7/10

mayarii's avatar
Feb 10, 2021

This is one of my favorite manhwa!! i just love how lovable all of the characters here XDD idk what to say JUST READ IT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! I honestly miss them tho, i might re-read <3

flowithseeun's avatar
Dec 31, 2021

Honestly really love it but just hate a few characters.

I dont really like May but I do not hate her, most of the whole story shes been bringing down Amy. Like I understand little jokes but it was continous. When Amy finally called her out she didn't even seem to understand what she'd done wrong?? I dont know if maybe she has a low self esteem or something but she tends to project her feelings on her friends and take things out on them

I really hate David though. He's labelled Amy as fatty and it really disgusts me that he has the audacity to say it around Kevin. It saddens me because he doesn't even stop him. Its very sad how is friends have become comfortable enough to be calling her that as a "nickname". If Kevin stood his ground and defended her they wouldn't have the guts. I understand if they want to give her a nickname but weight really isn't the way to go especially as that used to be one of her insecurities. And yes, I do understand hes not the only who calls her "fatty" but hes the most constant with it.