Sore wa Rei no Shiwaza Desu - Reviews

Sore wa Rei no Shiwaza Desu
OmniescentPen's avatar
Jul 8, 2023

The pacing is good character and relationship is good. The wingwoman is the best.

Salute to wingwoman ghost.

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Sep 9, 2021

Cute, for reals.

Sometimes I'll forget that there's a ghost in the story and just be following along with the standard, slowpo romantic developments and then I'll notice the shadowy figure peeking out from behind Kirishima or floating in the corner of a panel and I'll crack a smile. The ghost is drawn in a completely different style from everything else--with heavy use of screentones, inking, and creepy eyes. Most of the art is very airy and white, with minimal details in the backgrounds and feel-good sparkly effects. The biggest problem with the art, though, is that the bodies and hands and facial expressions and stuff can feel stilted. That said, there are a lot of cute parts of the art even if it's not of the highest quality. The eyes are nice, and I like the slight spiraling done on the irises. The blushing looks fine, though they might overuse it. There are a lot of panels purely devoted to showing off Kirishima's lips or legs or general cuteness, and I can't deny the cuteness in those panels.

The storyline, as I said, is largely a pretty standard high school rom-com, with the main couple slowly making progress in their relationship and working up the nerve to hold hands or confess or kiss or whatever's next. The main thing that sets it apart is the ghost who will sometimes step in, unbeknownst to the girl, and try to push the couple closer together. The ghost loves romance manga and also enjoys seeing the gooey happiness from this young couple as their relationship unfolds before feir eyes. It's a very wholesome dynamic and the fact that only Torii can see the ghost also leads to some funny moments.

[Reviewed at chapter 29]

Grimm004's avatar
Apr 4, 2021

LOVE IT !! .

SERIOUSLY, THIS IS SO SO FUNNNNYYY. I MEAN IT'S TOTALLY AMAZING.

TRY IT ONCE YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT TOOO!

9.5/10 characters