Sora & Hara - Reviews

Alt title: Sora to Hara

Sora & Hara
isaacfart's avatar
May 19, 2022

DEFINITELY not my cup of tea.
If you get disgusted or triggered by pedophilic and/or student and teacher relationships, this is NOT the volume for you.

It disgusts me how a 35 year old man (Hara sen) could fall in love with (multiple) minors and in this case Sorano (15 years old) is the victim. Normally i don't mind age gaps at all, but a minor and a middle aged man? Huge red flag.

Don't get me wrong, i love the artstyle and i am in love with the other characters Sajou and Kusakabe (MC's in the previous volumes). But the normalized pedophilia in this volume is just not it.

kkimczyra's avatar
Nov 16, 2021

I know it was really tough to see his unrequited love twice, and the thought of Hara sensei having a happy ending appealed to me, but I actually think this side story might be great for Hara sensei if he had found a partner with someone of his age. Personally, I don't really mind the age difference as long as there's no minor involved. However, there is an uncomfortable age disparity here, and to make matters worse, Sorano is a minor. A fifteen-year-old and a thirty-seven-year-old relationship, on the other hand, is disturbing no matter how you look at it.

Also, the other couple, Arisaka sensei and Hibiki, have a massive age difference, but they are both consenting adults. It was somehow realistic that Arisaka get married to hide his sexuality, and I don't really feel bad for him when he's actually cheated on his wife and has a history of having a relationship with a minor in the past. If I'm not mistaken, Hara sensei was his student when they were in a relationship.

YaoiGodAbove20's avatar
Dec 10, 2020

Two cradle robbers in one story. The end.

jinxywonder's avatar
Mar 9, 2021

Story: this manga is a techer-student romance with Harasen from "Classmates". I felt there was more focus on his past than him developing a relationship with Sarano, and was a little lacking in the feels compared to "Classmates" and "Graduate". But overall, was good to see Harasen get a happy ending.

Art: The art style grew on me with "Classmates" and "Graduate", but I felt like the weird stick legs were a bit to much in this one - especially for Sarano.

Characters: Sarano and Harasen were good, both having their personalities portrayed quite well. I just didn't like the side characters (Harasen's past love interest and his lover) which seemed to be awkwardly included.

SeaBunny13's avatar
May 8, 2023

Manabu Hara you are my worst enemy 🫵🏼🫵🏼

Okay, but genuinely the only thing that kept me reading was all the drama and twists that happened, plus the beautiful art style ofc, other than that the storyline was pretty uncomfortable to read because 1. I HATE huge age gaps where one character is either in their early 20's or late teens while the other is in their 30's and above, and 2. I HATE the teacher x student trope, it's alright if it takes place in a college, but in a high school?? Really???

3.5/10 overall