So I'm a Spider, So What?

Alt title: Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Add review
Kezmark's avatar
Dec 8, 2017

What starts out as one of the better "isekai" mangas out there, slowly turns repetitive and what could have been a great manga turns in to a "more of the same"story, with constant rinse and repeat of the same threads. Whilst those problems wouldn't be a deal breaker for me in and of themselves, coupled with the fact that there's no real supporting cast so far, I found it difficult to hold interest.

There's other problems, like the complete lack of relevance of any of the stats presented, why even bother with showing any of that, if the stats themselves hold little relevance in combat ? All in all, there are a lot of smaller issues with it, there's too many skills dumped on the players, most of which are irrelevant, often times less is more, too bad the author did not keep that in mind.

The story is fairly typical for the genre, something vague happens and the main character gets transported in to a new world, although as opposed to the majority of these mangas, the character is basically born as a monster, a spider in this case. From there it follows vaguely familiar rules of rpg games, with a leveling system and all that comes with it.

The initial reaction she has, and in general the main character as a whole is surprisingly well written, I really do like the heroine, unfortunately that is all we have, and it does get old. There is some character development, but given the limited scope of what accounts for the immediate world around her, this really needed more characters and/or a faster change of scenery. The recent attempt at having something akin to supporting characters is honestly insulting and one of the worst developments in the story so far, at least for me.

There's nothing exceptional visually, but I don't have much to complain either. I love the expressiveness of the spider and its general cute appearance. The background is fairly bland and lacking at times, however it fits with the setting so I'll give that a pass.

Overall this isn't a final/full review per say, having read only 22 chapters it would be harsh to say I've given up on it, it has time to recover and I hope to see more of a change of pace in the future, I just have to question how likely it will start fixing its recent issues, especially given what has been revealed of the world so far.

6.3/10 overall
nasro49's avatar
Jun 28, 2017

Nai wa !!  the story is one of the best what i've seen ever at first talk about the daily strugle of a guil who raicarnate in another world because of a stupide act of the previous hero and demon king to kill the persone named D but they failed and they caused the death of the whole classe in some school in japan and the persone named D took the responsibility and raincarnate all the school in a game like world and gave the some extra skill and a lot of point that can buy skill excepte for the main charactaire who raicarnate as a spider and she had 0 skill point she lived a harsh live and she live at fear and horror and run away from the formidable enemie called alaba (the earth dragon) but after all that she learned to live strongly and beat all her enemie and rise her lvl and finnaly gain skill to back and beat alaba and she succeded after that she aimed for the strongest bein in the world the current demon king but she was killed but she founded a way to revive xD and the storie keep going with that

SmileyRabbit's avatar
Nov 29, 2017

The story seems pretty much distant as the manga still feels like it is just at the begining as the character gets better.

all there is at the moment is progress and a few funny moments where we get to know a little about the character that is not to say the battles are not entertaining to watch.

The characters are short as there is only the protagonist but we learn a decent bit about her she also give makes some laughable comments and thoughts. she seems to recieve some sort of character development although it might be pretty hard to notice right now.

the protagonist uses hat she has in alot of interesting ways making the manga more fun to watch as you wonder what the protagonist does with her skills.

[Spoilers]

The protagonist had built a web castle defense as her first strategy for getting food and she eenjoyed herself for a few chapters until humans came and burned it down.She did get a good amount of food by doing this apparently.

[End Spoilers]

there are rarely any humans seen during the manga the only human we see is a male soilder and a group of male soilders that likely look exactly the same.Most of the cast in this story are all just monsters that are mostly there to make the protagonist think of new ways to survive so the art is as good as it really needs to be.

Overall i think the story is still doing a build up

[More spoilders]

I mostly say this because the character is still sscared of many of the monstors inside the dungeon specifically the earth dragons. =not to mention she has stayed in the same dugeon as of chapter 22.

[End spoilers]

HOWEVER THE Biggest problem with the manga-I wanted to see half girl half spider action.......I did not get what i hoped for.

In short

the story seems to be doing a build up and is not at the good part yet but it is still very entertaining to read and i am hoping something amazing happen next.

Thega's avatar
Aug 26, 2018

This manga is like your general isekai-exploration-rpglike manga, but with added twist of mc being a generally op spider.

stalled because i like to read multiple chapter at once instead of one per week