Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Ken wo Mune ni Idaku - Reviews

Alt title: The Little Girl Raised by Death Hold the Sword of Death Tight

Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Ken wo Mune ni Idaku
Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 25, 2020

To be honest I found the whole concept cringe and idiotic. Yes, the FL has that unique personality, innocent yet fierce. But the way her character was written made it stupid. The story wasn't what I would prefer, but if you're into mob characters just getting surprised by the MC, then be my guest. I remember saying at some point that I prefer intelligent antagonists. In this manga, I got violent brutes. So, no thank you.

Mrukliwy's avatar
Aug 25, 2021

A story about the everyday manga antagonist.

I'm always a bit curious about every antagonist our hero/heroine meets on her journey. I do especially like the bizzare, mad, overpowered ones. The ones who push our heroes to their limit and die after a very hard fight.

You ask why I'm telling this? Obviously the heroine in this story is such accurate example. Raised by the God of Death, without common sense and without compation she slays every enemy on heir way with a plain smile and eyes without emotions. Her sole purpose is to find the one who left her behind. Filled with sugar and gore the story unfolds and we get to know our little death angle. At the moment we do not know if she accepts her role in this story and it turns out to be a love story or she dejects it, and this is what makes it interesting. Atm a very nice story. In opposition to every other badass MC, she is a real mystery without real agenda.

The art is ok and the lack of echhi content makes it even better. Looks like a serious story. The only issue is the limited focus on history. The girl just wipes her enemies in a wide spread war, we do see some political interactions but the amount isn't enough in my opinion. Like a sidescroll story where U focus only on your next opponent. But beside that it's really good.

RaviCK98's avatar
Jul 18, 2020

A M A Z I N G . Finaly a manga where the op MC is a girl , she's innocent and doesn't know much about the world , she doesn't have a harem , she's just pure as the snow . This manga has so much potential , it's not the usual op boy who get's 100 girls in his harem , love it love it love it . 10/10 Not going to speak more about it since I don't want to spoil , it's just , this manga deserves more

ImRandomJean's avatar
Aug 17, 2021

Warning about gore and "cute girls doing cute things", if it's not your thing. Gore isn't my thing at all but once I started reading I couldn't stop and, usually I cringe when I see cute girls doing cute things on animes (since it's animated, there's the sound and all) but not on mangas so it's perfect for me😁

This manga is about Olivia, a girl raised by Zed ( a shinigami that took her as a baby instead of killing her and taught her all how to fight). One day Zed left and she then started searching for him by joining the kingdom as a soldier to fight against the empire. We can say she's been raised by Death itself so she's quite OP and ruthless but still is a cute little girl that loves eating and can't stop making us laugh 😂 (I still remember some chapters and it's so funny)

I was already quite fond of how this manga started but there are still surprises coming up. The art is good, it's by reading mangas like this that I understand why I don't only read webtoons

I also want to see the full potential of the characters and the story itself. And I want to see her eat a lot more delicious food 😋 and read read read 📚

Oh and I just remembered, I like how the villains turn out to be and don't think they are "bad guys" just because. But I never pay attention to these kinds of things, so you'll have to see for yourself.

plankcaftan's avatar
Jul 25, 2020

A fresh take that does not focus on romance or harem distractingly, only a few chapters are out so it can go wrong, but good potential