Shamo

Add review
Joshuan12's avatar
Jun 17, 2018

This is the first time I have reviewed ANYTHING. Any product, show, manga, art, whatever, first ever review for anything. It has been some time after reading Shamo and the manga has still dug it's way into my soul. I typically have a difficult time recalling events in things I read or watch - manga especially; but every single detail about Shamo is engraved into my memory and I am eternally thankful for it.

Never before have I been so enthralled by anything I have read. The development of the main character (Ryo Narushim), is nearly flawless and unlike anything I've ever seen. I became attached to to this character in every way - and in every way was I captured by the realism that seems to be portrayed so well in this manga.

Although I was a little lost at times because of how quickly the manga can jump, it was those gaps in time that allowed for such profound progression of the character.

The ending to the manga - however sad it is - is a work of art. I cried due to the sheer brilliance of this masterpiece. Although I cannot go into great detail about what specifically is so amazing about this manga - it is more than enough for me to say that it is the best I have ever read. I do not believe there will ever be a more befitting ending to an amazing story.

9.9/10 story