Secret Alliance - Reviews

Alt title: Secret Dongmaeng

Secret Alliance
Ponyo18's avatar
Aug 19, 2020

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh. I'm not usually into sick shit like this but this is the best sick shit I have ever read!!!!

Oh, and BTW this ain't yuri. IT REALLY ISN'T!!

Story: The manga revolves around Sian, a handsome girl with a phobia of men. She gets confessed to by a beautiful girl named Yuri. Well, Yuri (spoiler alert) is a freaking stalker who is crossdressing as a man. And thankfully, he's not the male lead.

Art: Pretty darn good, Yuri's expressions really freak me out.

Characters: If I elaborate on the characters I'd be spoiling, as I did earlier. So I'll make it vague, they're frustrating, creepy as fuck, and the male lead has good development (kind of).

Overall: 4.5/5 stars

iamnotneechan's avatar
Aug 27, 2020

I really loved this manga I read it so quickly. If you love yandere than this is totally for you. One thing I love that this manga does that I love is that it isn't frustrating and the characters make reasonable decisions. For some people this manga can be relatable and it explores really deep psycological issues that can make you go "oh that's messed up".

Dalgoffee's avatar
Feb 12, 2022

No one cares about this but I'm gonna tell you anyway. I'm a very hardcore "manga/manhwa with yandere" fan. With that being said, I've read A LOT OF yandere mangas/manhwas.

Most of the stories that I've read all have a very unfair ending for the yandere characters. But I am very happy that this manhwa have a very fair( happy ) ending for the yandere character as well, yul. That's his name :D

Seriously, please listen to me. While reading this manhwa, I had a lot of hatred towards the yandere then the hatred changed towards the female lead. You'll understand why. But the moral of the story is, both of them are actually victims in this story. So please don't send hate to the characters. All of them have their own faults.

The story is very well written. I overall very much enjoy reading this manhwa.

9.5/10 story
KookieShookie's avatar
Sep 17, 2020

It was amazing but I wish the guy could treat her better and if he did change I would LOVE him but right now the blond guy and the blue together NO that absolutely made me not like it that much i just hope he changes and they become better. Blondie and blue don't ship sorry

JelaVera's avatar
Jul 16, 2021

This is quite a messed up creepy story but a VERY good one Btw Spoilers ahead.

The ex, who i'll just call Yuri, is a crazy pyscho stalker but can't really blame him since he has a a bad childhood and many people thought he looked like a girl and dressed him up, our MC here was the only one who really liked him for who he was i guess and honestly, I SHIP YURI WITH MC MORE THAN THAT BLONDIEEE URGHHHHH WHY DID HE BECAME ML/// UGH

Some good things though about the blondie whose the ML, is his character developement. I kinda liked how he changed from this playboy who plays with others feelings to a more considerate person. BUT STILL I DO NOT SHIP THEM.

Although the ending was happy ofc, its still really sad with how they included Yuri's goodbye to MC where he said sorry and goodbye at the same time. It literally made me cry so much like its so sad for all shippers of them.

I really liked the flashback of MC with Yuri where they met and were once both in love with each other and i liked how Yuri was willing to do so many things for MC though it was stalker-ish. I liked how he realised how he had been acting in the ending though, it was really sad. And Ngl, I'm glas MC did not forgot or hold no feelings for him since she can be seen crying when she read the letter by him :C

Good read overall but [UGHHHH WHY DID SHE NOT END UP WITH YURI!!!!!!!!!! IF ONLY HE CHANGED FASTER AND THEY CAN BE TOGETHERRR UGHHHH]