Secret Alliance - Reviews

Alt title: Secret Dongmaeng

Secret Alliance
iamnotneechan's avatar
Aug 27, 2020

I really loved this manga I read it so quickly. If you love yandere than this is totally for you. One thing I love that this manga does that I love is that it isn't frustrating and the characters make reasonable decisions. For some people this manga can be relatable and it explores really deep psycological issues that can make you go "oh that's messed up".

Ponyo18's avatar
Aug 19, 2020

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh. I'm not usually into sick shit like this but this is the best sick shit I have ever read!!!!

Oh, and BTW this ain't yuri. IT REALLY ISN'T!!

Story: The manga revolves around Sian, a handsome girl with a phobia of men. She gets confessed to by a beautiful girl named Yuri. Well, Yuri (spoiler alert) is a freaking stalker who is crossdressing as a man. And thankfully, he's not the male lead.

Art: Pretty darn good, Yuri's expressions really freak me out.

Characters: If I elaborate on the characters I'd be spoiling, as I did earlier. So I'll make it vague, they're frustrating, creepy as fuck, and the male lead has good development (kind of).

Overall: 4.5/5 stars

illhun's avatar
Oct 21, 2020

Secret Alliance is an emotional rollercoaster. The characters are wonderfully written and drawn, that you can feel their emotions. They have motivations and flaws that make them feel human. It makes it hard to hate a character cause you understand what drives them, you hate them but then you feel bad cause you empathize. Some scenes are really beautiful and the expressions really set the atmosphere.

This webtoon shows humans can be selfish and ugly creatures, but also shows that we are capable of changing and forgiving, and if something doesn't work it's okay to move on, it might be hard but that's the first step to changing. The story is unpredictable and has a lot of twists. If you love suspense and psychological horror then I recommend reading this.

The finale made me cry T_T

(I also recommend listening to Kikuo's "Substitute" while reading and for the last chapter "Breaking Things into Pieces" also by Kikuo both in music box version for extra feels)

KookieShookie's avatar
Sep 17, 2020

It was amazing but I wish the guy could treat her better and if he did change I would LOVE him but right now the blond guy and the blue together NO that absolutely made me not like it that much i just hope he changes and they become better. Blondie and blue don't ship sorry

Some1ridculous's avatar
Sep 22, 2020

**NOTE: Since the English translation is still publishing, I decided to read the last 4 chapters in the raw version cause I'm an absolute impatient gardener lol**

Honestly man this is a super messed up manhwa that I have ever read this year and it was absolutely done right. You really felt sorry for the main character Eun Sian, she had a bad experience with men and she had a overprotective psycho mother from ensuring she kept away with all the men from the outside world. Yuri was her ex bf in school who traumatised her (not gonna say, keeping this spoiler free) and later dresses as a lolita to get her attention. He's a perfect example of an extreme Yandere because he literally was unpredictable and he has Eun Sians photos spread across his room. Super scary if you ask me! This boi lads is pretty unsettling to be quite frank with you all lol!

Next guy in this is blond asshole at first, Hyun Yujin. He comes into the scene mid way when Sian was looking for a job so that she can get away from her psycho mother and signs her up to work in his cafe (he's a manager at some kind). Reason why I call him a ass*like is because He didn't treat Sian well at first and he was basically a womanizer who had the girl staff go after Sian because y'know stupidity. This guy surprisingly grows as you get to know him and he starts to care a lot of Sian more than ever.

Yall aren't ready for the ending so I'll leave it there!

Yeah folks I definitely think this is such a great messed up dark sh*t I've ever read this year, even if I didnt understand Korean in the last chapters xD