Searching for My Father - Reviews

Alt titles: Appaman Chajeuryeo Haenneunde, I Only Came to Find My Dad

Searching for My Father
meextravagant's avatar
Dec 7, 2021

It's really dumb. Maybe I'm used to reading other manhwas about reincarnated/time traveled people using their choices wisely but this girl hits peak depression, time travels to childhood, and the proceeds to make those exact same choices that led her to being depressed in the first place. Like bruh. What the hell. And then she proceeds to cry for 23 chapters (where I dropped) about how she's so sad about her life. 100% not recommend. Even when bored.

starsandback's avatar
Aug 25, 2021

I'm a sucker for daddy-daughter manhwas, and I thought that the whole premise sounded interesting. After bearing through 21 chapters, I couldn't take it anymore and dropped it.

The whole entire beginning I was wondering why the father wasn't a part of her and her mother's life. It was a whole mystery to me, and I kept reading through the chapters, waiting to see why he left. Was it because he was in a war? Was he imprisoned? Just what was it?

And when I finally read what had happened to him, without spoiling it, I was dumbfounded. You can just tell that the author made up a half-assed reason as to why he wasn't there. Her explanation created so many plot holes, and it made it so hard for me to continue reading. I couldn't immerse myself in the story and couldn't connect with the characters, because I just couldn't get over the fact that the reason why he wasn't there was half-assed by the author.

It was a shame because in the beginning, I had grown fond of the MC. She's gone through so much, and she's so adorable. I was rooting for her to find her father, to also see her get the love and happiness she deserved, to finally understand why, for so many years, her father wasn't a part of her life. All of that build up went down the drain because nothing made sense anymore. The following chapters were the author pushing father-daughter interactions, and they were hard to take in because I couldn't get over the plot holes that were so blaringly obvious.

Megirl6473's avatar
Jan 10, 2022

It had an interestong beginning, the first like 15 chapters were the best but like 40 chapters later and its now focused on mc hanging out with uninteresting characters and stuff. I mean the story is alright but it gets a tab bit boring

machiabeeli's avatar
Sep 19, 2021

This manhwa should come with a trigger warning. The first half of this shows somewhat explicitly child abuse and childhood trauma - all of which are conducted by the main villain of the story. The set-up for abuse and fear for the female lead are horrific and really drove in the reason why she hated her previous life. It's scary and it's entirely plausible to see someone do something like that.

The fluff comes much later, around chapter 15 or so. And it's fluff that's worth seeing. The dad makes his appearance and justifies why he wasn't able to prevent all of the pain from happening. He's hot, as most isekai dads are, and he has his head in the right place, to protect our beloved FL.

At 23 chapters, not much is going on in the story but they're clearly laying the groundwork for the rest of the story to progress. I can feel that the FL will remain as a child for a majority of the story, with the father acting as a protective guardian and keeping her safe from the man who abused her.

Should you read it? Go for it! I'm interested to see how this story will progress, given that they've already met each other and the clear villain has been establised.

Reviewed at Chapter 23.

sorryforyour's avatar
Sep 17, 2021

This story isn't your usual daddy-daughter story, the first 20 chapters had me in tears. Though it does start to get better from there and you will see the start of a very heart-warming father-daughter manhwa.