Save Me (LICO) - Reviews

Save Me (LICO)
moonchild15's avatar
Apr 13, 2020

(spoiler free review) So, i love bts but this comic was below average in my honest opinion. Its based on their mvs, & altho i hv watched all of them, this was still pretty confusing ngl. Despite being very familiar with how each member looks like, it was rly hard to tell who is who in this comic. So i wonder how readers who r not at all familiar with bts would feel (then again, why would u read this if ur not a fan in the first place? And secondly, this comic was probably aimed at fans to begin with). Furthermore, i think this comic was dramatic just for the sake of being dramatic. The drama didnt add any substantial value to the overall plot. Lastly, this comic didnt end properly so thats just great. To conclude, read it if u want to since its a short one, or skip it as u wont be missing out on much.

Saral's avatar
Apr 4, 2020

So cool!
This Webtoon Was something helpful for the BTS timeline and story that they have been showing us through their music videos and this just helped the ARMY that wasn't understanding what was happening in those Music videos.

All the characters were similar to the actual members of the group which I think is really helpful, and the whole story and scenes were familiar but at the same time new and exciting which made you wonder what was going to happen next and if anyone was going to die again. Overall: so good!

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Oct 13, 2020

Not very good at drawing characters so they're clearly distinguishable from each other. The breaking glass effect is a pretty cool transitory technique, that makes it feel like the character is seeing through the veil of reality. It made me think of the Platonic idea of a reality beyond reality, and how the recognition of that truth would presumably be a shattering experience (though I'm sure it was purely meant as an aesthetic flourish). It's not entirely clear what sets off the shatterings, the resetting of the time loops, but it seems to be based on some vague sense that Seokjin has "failed" to stop the other characters' various "despairs" from coming to fruition. For some of the characters, that fruition consists of them committing suicide. But for some of them, it consists of them ending up in prison or, in the case of Hoseok, simply ending up badly injured. But whatever the case, the basic idea of the plot is that each person has a singular event that is the culmination of feir "despair," and if Seokjin can stop that culminatory event from taking place then fe has successfully "saved" fem.

The biggest failing of the story is that it doesn't spend enough time setting the stage, showing how everyone's lives are currently miserable and what exactly their various turning points are. For example, because the timeline wasn't the clearest, I assumed that April 11th was the turning point for each character. But that's not actually the case. About half of the stuff seems to happen on that date, but the other half seems to happen in early May. Which then brings up the question of what Seokjin is doing with feir time during that month in between during each of the iterations. I'm not very satisfied with how loosely some of these things seem to be put together. I also didn't appreciate how some of the underlying causes of despair, while hinted at, are never actually addressed head on throughout the entirety of the series (I'm specifically thinking of Hoseok).

Tokavega's avatar
Jun 7, 2021

Very nice idea for a story, but this was way too short with a very unsatisfying ending. The characters were very hard to tell apart.

Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 23, 2020

I read this a while back so what I say maybe a little off. Anyway, here I go!

This had a very complex story which made it so interesting. I'm not a BTS fan so it took me a while to figure out what this was based on. Of course, as a story that includes time travel, it is a bit repetitive. But all in all, I liked it. The characters will piss you off and you will be shocked at the sudden events. I wish it was kind of longer.