Santa, Stay Still. Rudolph Will Take Care of It. - Reviews

Santa, Stay Still. Rudolph Will Take Care of It.
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Apr 1, 2021

When the plot is less cohesive and robust than movies and books aimed at childish minds, then you know that it's atrociously bad. How do the Santas work? We know it's generational, but is Sandy currently the sole Santa out there working? If so, how is fe able to traverse the entire world? Or if fe can't, how far does fe travel? Is "Rudolph" a job title? If it is, it seems extremely strange that the Rudolph in this story (also called Seo Woojin) is so defensive about being a "reindeer." What does being a "reindeer" mean in this context? At first, I was assuming that this person was literally an extremely anthropomorphized reindeer (to the point that there are zero reindeer features left), but I don't think that's the case. I think fe is intended to be a human who has taken on the "Rudolph" role. It's presented as a dom/sub relationship kink rather than a paid job. Which then made me question whether the "Santa" role was also just a relationship kink thing, but again, I don't think that's the case. I think they truly intend Sandy to be a descendent of Santa, who has taken on the mantle of fucking the Rudolphs who choose to subjugate themselves to fem (and of course, to distribute some presents to some kids). Honestly, the biggest question of all is "Why is Rudolph a job title?"

In the beginning and then after the final sex scene, there's a bearded Santa flying through the sky. This can't be interpreted as literal since Sandy is Santa, so how are we supposed to interpret these images? Purely artistic flourishes? Because if they are, they just unnecessarily muddy the waters and add confusion as to what is actually happening. My actual assumption is that they are included because, without them, there is basically nothing in this story that would be recognizably "Santa" or "Rudolph." So the artist had to include classic Santa pictures just to remind people that this is indeed a story about Santa.

nanaosaki66's avatar
Oct 18, 2020

Disclaimer: I JUST read this, so my thoughts are jumbled, therefore this is more of spew of feelings than a review, but what ever.

I want to try to keep my reviews on here somewhat "professional", I guess, but what the fresh hell did I just read? No, seriously, what was this? I'm done using the "it only has __ amount of chapters" excuse to allow these terrible stories slide, because I have recently just read "My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness" (5 chapters) and I absolutely loved it. To be fair, though, it's an auto-biography, but that doesn't matter. The point is, you can make a great story with limited chapters, and this story just...didn't. The synopsis was honestly intriguing to me, and although I saw that it only had three chapters, I was imagining all of the incredible possibilities. Because you can make chapters long; you don't HAVE to make these chapters extremely short. But the author did decide to make these chapters short. Very, very short, which gives us little to no time to establish anything. There are no established characters, plot, not even setting. It's very obvious that this was only made to give the author an excuse to draw those sex scenes (which also aren't good).

Lixsalot's avatar
Oct 14, 2020

Story had potential BUT NO THIS WAS FUCKING SHIT i cant even follow what the fuck is happeneing. Rudolphs? Santa? Hates kids? Doesn't wanna be santa? IM SO FUCKING CONFUSED WITH THE STORYLINE LIKE WTF. Is this a world where you're a reindeer or santa? Is this all just like "fun" for kids I DONT KNOW. I mean honestly what can you do in a mere three chapters.

Art was pretty good, but i've seen better

Characters were confusing I didn't know who they were or any backstory besides 'santa' and 'rudolph'

0.2/10 story