Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushu-sama - Reviews

Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushu-sama
Qazs's avatar
Jul 31, 2020

TLDR: A fun story, good characters with some genuine chemistry. Interesting world-building. Genuine heart to the characters. Strongly recommend

The premise of this story is pretty simple. A commoner turned war hero given land now has to somehow cultivate his fiefdom. The MC Dias is likable, a bit slow and dense at times but certainly far better than a shounen protagonist. There is genuine chemistry between Dias and his love interest creating plenty of heartwarming moments. There is a lot of heart in the story and I think it works really well.

Now this a fantasy world and what's fantasy without some action. Any action scene is pretty spaced out but I found them all to be pretty enjoyable. Plus Dias is pretty much the OP war hero so it's just watching him decimate everyone which is fun.

Also for a story about kingdom building, it is quite interesting. Watching everything getting built from the ground up and seeing how different cultures join together/clash is enjoyable to me at least. It creates some humorous moments as well as some heartwarming/wenching moments. The story has some really good world-building and it never feels too overwhelming. But there are some dumps of expository here and there, mostly for background stuff though. There is some interesting stuff happening in the background as well and it is interesting to watch how those elements come out and affect our MC and crew.