Royal Servant - Reviews

Royal Servant
ADOS1975's avatar
Jan 9, 2021

Yet another Killing Stalking clone that I just could not get into!  In this "story", we have yet another pathetic, cowardly, socially disadvantaged and physically weak "uke" who is consistantly brutalized (mentally, physically and sexually) in the dark, brooding home of a sadistic, much more physically developed and socially upward "seme" and for no other apparent reason than that he simply hates some physical, social or psychological aspect of his victim(s).  The narrative moves along at a tear inducingly slow pace yet, at the same time, manages to get nowhere fast.  The characters themselves are basically just pale carbon copies of Sangwoo and Yoon Bum lacking any of the charm or depth of either one.  Lucaon and Kyon are essentially just the yin and yang of each other, being on either the black or white areas of the sectrum thereby lacking the very large gray area that gives Sangwoo and Yoon Bum their depth, development and growth.  The sexual scenes, while very graphic, are quickly forgettable lacking the shock value and range of emotions of those between Sangwoo and Yoon Bum.  The art is o.k. but very inconsistent.  In some scenes, the characters are highly rendered and pristine whereas in others, they appear "sketchy" and unfinished.  I really tried to give this one a fair shot having read 10 or more chapters but, alas, it's just too grueling!  The plot takes entirely too long to reach any semblance of a point or purpose.  This title will need much more than its attractive characters, gratuitous sex scenes and similarity to another well liked narrative to carry itself.

OtakuMaki's avatar
Apr 4, 2020

Shocking, another history where the seme is an traumatized egocentric emotionally immature sadistic guy who use sexual and verbal abuse to express "his love" for the low self-esteem, obsessed, masochistic uke.

The (potentially) good plot get lots in pro of the "love history".

The only character I loved was Cecilia, the trustworthy, intelligent, beautiful female friend who always fix her gay friends mess 😂😂

I hate how mangas/manhwas always put BDSM before love comes, is like saying: "You would never do this to the one you love"😑 you can be perfectly in love, be kind, open hearted, respectful and yet have a safe, consensual playtime that involves ropes, chains, whips, gags 😒 kink can go hand to hand with love you fuckers!

So sad for the potentially good history tho....

johnnysbanana's avatar
Apr 20, 2021

To be honest i loved it but at the same time i had a hard time reading it. I love the story, i thinks it's exciting, but i really don't understand the development of our Master... He started showing his love to Kyon so suddenly, i was surprised! Also at some point i felt that it got a bit boring but in my opinion it is alright in a longer manga.

There were some characters i didn't like, but overall they are great! I also loved the style and the art, it is very much enjoyable! Thank you!

seadsea's avatar
Jan 20, 2021

Beautiful manga, don't look what other people say I know it is painful to read until 15-20 chapters but then the manga starts to shine.

The MC is quite good and so the Main love interest.

Like I said there are some sexual abuse until chapter 15 or so but it stops after that and they didn't tell it but Mc kinda has fetish bout it anyway.

Story is good but sometimes it is hard to understand.

I really recommend this manga to everyone.

Really abuse ends after 15-20 chapters and Love interest feels bad for his actions.

End of review lol.

read it.

9.5/10 art
AFL's avatar
Oct 16, 2021

Terrible just Terrible! I can't believe someone can fall for such an abuser!!!? Wth ? Stupid dumb disgusting ........ he just changed over night after treating him like shit all that time and acting all lovey-dovey and romantic like SERIOUSLY??? Waste of time. I DO NOT RECOMMENDED THIS!