Royal Servant - Reviews

Royal Servant
ADOS1975's avatar
Jan 9, 2021

Yet another Killing Stalking clone that I just could not get into!  In this "story", we have yet another pathetic, cowardly, socially disadvantaged and physically weak "uke" who is consistantly brutalized (mentally, physically and sexually) in the dark, brooding home of a sadistic, much more physically developed and socially upward "seme" and for no other apparent reason than that he simply hates some physical, social or psychological aspect of his victim(s).  The narrative moves along at a tear inducingly slow pace yet, at the same time, manages to get nowhere fast.  The characters themselves are basically just pale carbon copies of Sangwoo and Yoon Bum lacking any of the charm or depth of either one.  Lucaon and Kyon are essentially just the yin and yang of each other, being on either the black or white areas of the sectrum thereby lacking the very large gray area that gives Sangwoo and Yoon Bum their depth, development and growth.  The sexual scenes, while very graphic, are quickly forgettable lacking the shock value and range of emotions of those between Sangwoo and Yoon Bum.  The art is o.k. but very inconsistent.  In some scenes, the characters are highly rendered and pristine whereas in others, they appear "sketchy" and unfinished.  I really tried to give this one a fair shot having read 10 or more chapters but, alas, it's just too grueling!  The plot takes entirely too long to reach any semblance of a point or purpose.  This title will need much more than its attractive characters, gratuitous sex scenes and similarity to another well liked narrative to carry itself.

OtakuMaki's avatar
Apr 4, 2020

Shocking, another history where the seme is an traumatized egocentric emotionally immature sadistic guy who use sexual and verbal abuse to express "his love" for the low self-esteem, obsessed, masochistic uke.

The (potentially) good plot get lots in pro of the "love history".

The only character I loved was Cecilia, the trustworthy, intelligent, beautiful female friend who always fix her gay friends mess 😂😂

I hate how mangas/manhwas always put BDSM before love comes, is like saying: "You would never do this to the one you love"😑 you can be perfectly in love, be kind, open hearted, respectful and yet have a safe, consensual playtime that involves ropes, chains, whips, gags 😒 kink can go hand to hand with love you fuckers!

So sad for the potentially good history tho....

Ponyo18's avatar
Jun 30, 2020

I really had to push through this manga because of how gruesome it was. I have dropped this a couple of times mainly because of the way the Kyon is treated. Lucaon was a terrible man and treated Kyon like absolute garbage. I did like the ending and he finally started treating Kyon like a human being half-way through the manga. It a hard read, if you liked Killing Stalking you'll find this to be an easy read. The plot is complex and interesting, although I couldn't understand it at times. I feel like Kyon and Lucaon's relationship could've developed to the point of lovers without the abuse.

To be honest, I'm just glad they got their happy ending.

Bellerhos's avatar
Apr 28, 2019

Nice ending. And the art is really great. Looks real.

johnnysbanana's avatar
Apr 20, 2021

To be honest i loved it but at the same time i had a hard time reading it. I love the story, i thinks it's exciting, but i really don't understand the development of our Master... He started showing his love to Kyon so suddenly, i was surprised! Also at some point i felt that it got a bit boring but in my opinion it is alright in a longer manga.

There were some characters i didn't like, but overall they are great! I also loved the style and the art, it is very much enjoyable! Thank you!