Rental Onii-chan - Reviews

Alt title: Brother for Rent

Rental Onii-chan
kittybits's avatar
Nov 17, 2019

A little girl's parents die, leaving her heavily neglected and abused by her older brother.  A concerned young man steps into her life, but she insists on paying him for his time spent with her because she fears she will develop a stronger love for him than her own brother.

This manga is slowgoing on its release schedule, but worth the read if you like dark themed big brother little sister dynamics.  The story is heart breaking and wholesome blended up seamlessly.  The good and the bad of the main protagonists don't end, but co-exist.

Give it a try, you might like it.

VKachu's avatar
Jan 6, 2021

I founded this manga accidentaly. At first, i read this because the art cover was truly my style. But after i read the first chapter, i can't find myself to stop read this.

SPOILER ALERT!

When i started read the first half of the story, i really hate her real brother for become such a jerk. Why he acted like that to his little sister?? But in the end, when i know why her brother become like that because of their parents, my tears can't stop flowing. This manga is truly recommended

9.5/10 art
8.5/10 characters
WaggonBallZ's avatar
Feb 26, 2021

I am so so glad i found this on tiktok. My eyes are bawling 😭😭 I recommend this A LOT this deserves more attention. it was sad but its a happy ending.

9.3/10 overall
Randomreaderthao's avatar
Jan 21, 2023

I've never sobbed this much while reading manga and trust me, i cry easily. This was so heartbreaking especially because you read it through a child's point of view. You really need to prepare your heart when you read this because DAMN my lips and eyes got swollen  :(

hakuikarasu's avatar
Jun 22, 2022

this one hit a little bit too close to home with how similar the dynamic with kanami's (the protagonist's) family and my own relationship with my mother is. my crying actually started a major fight between said mother because of this manga so you better know it's really good

- [prelim. notes]

detailed review/analysis will be edited in sometime later if i can stomach it