Rengoku no Karma - Reviews

Alt title: Karma of Purgatory

Rengoku no Karma
waverider8's avatar
Jun 30, 2022

Honestly, I was just curious and searching for a psychological manga with some more mature themes. What I found was this...

I want to like the story but, the MC is unbearably naive and a pushover at best.

The characters that are affected by his suicide, should not have been redeemed in the slightest

(Spoiler warning below)

The bullies that he "redeems" sexually assaulted him and others on the daily, physically and mentally abuse him to the point where he wanted to commit suicide, and in the end they survive what should have been a fatal injury 😕.

Like I wanted to like the story in the beginning and should've noticed signs, but I stuck through thinking it was going to get better. The point that the author was at times making fun of depressed and mentally unstable people by basically saying stop being selfish and think about your actions, shows that they didn't have to deal with anything of the sort, nor did they have anyone else that did. If they did they would've made the story just a little bit more empathetic toward how the Mc and maybe others in his shoes would feel. Actually give him a reason to redeem those people, but all they gave was more reason for the reader to want the Mc to kill them.

It's honestly frustrating cause i see potential, hate to see it.

I still recommend to read it so that you can give your own opinion.

4.3/10 overall