Rebirth Of The Urban Immortal Cultivator - Reviews

Alt titles: Chongsheng Zhi Dushi Xiuxian, Rebirth: City Cultivation

Rebirth Of The Urban Immortal Cultivator
Potatius's avatar
Apr 13, 2020

The story gets pretty repetitive with the same scenario over and over, but it at least kept me reading until chapter 256... There was a translator change and they have no idea what they are doing. They basically put it through Google translate and leave it at that. The translator before wasn't perfect either but they did it so it was good enough to still enjoy. Is recommend looking for a diff manhua to read if you dont wanna be disappointed in latter chapters.

Jezzy121's avatar
May 5, 2020

This story had several good things to mention and several things that could've been done better.

Pros:

• Interesting plot
  • MC was not an irritating jerk and womanizer like many mangas similar to this
  • I really enjoyed the artwork and stylization of the characters
  • I loved how he grew in power and what he did with it as well as the different avenues he went down to continue consolodating his strength and power.

Cons:

• The largest con for me was the translation at first it was really good but it just continued to go downhill to the point that most of the words were spelt wrong or missing words entirely (ultimately this is the reason I stopped reading the manga at chapter 191)
  • The fight scenes went really quick especially in the beginning
  • It seemed like the MC was never challenged he never had to struggle in a fight so the fight scenes ultimately got boring
  • Some characters didn't really have a proper introduction so I had no idea who they were until much later on
  • It seemed that the manga at times would jump around without warning or explanation
  • I had no idea how old anyone was or if there were time skips and when they did say time skips such as 3 month cultivation it would be another month later and two characters would be talking about something before the cultivation only to say "do you remember 3 months ago" which made no sense.  Even the MC was constantly referred to as "16 or 17 years old" never giving an exact age
  • They introduce characters with all this detail and then they disappear and you never really hear from them again.

As I said the main reason for dropping this was because of the translating if that was even slightly better I would've continued reading it but because it had gotten to the point it was at I couldn't even really follow with the script anymore and didn't have a clear understanding of what was happening most of the time.  If anyone is able to find a clear translation I will be more then glad to try this again but until then I will have to drop it.

ciPherE21's avatar
Jun 1, 2020

It was interesting at first, however the mc become so arogant and nothing can harm him at all. He is fearless when facing powerful people but then he was chased by mortals of government of japan.  There are too many flaws of the story but the worst part is the scenario gets repeated.. And every he spare every woman and become his harem...

I said that there are too many flaws too mention so ill mention atleast the first.   It was in the early episode(5) where he met her cousin and he said that the male boy (yang chao) "yang chao is one of my greatest enemy" he said but then nothing hapens and he bacame a part of their gang.. So why did he even mention greatest enemy?...

ShofaX's avatar
Nov 26, 2019

***SPOILERS BTW*** Alright to start off, I'm really enjoying the Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator. You have Chen Fan or "Chen Beixuan", A Peerless Genius (Most of this is from a wiki btw) that reached the Rebtribution Enduring Stage [CULTIVATION EXPLANATION] --> (Trust me, the Cultivation stages are going to be very confusing as you read it, they use different names for the same cultivation stage alot because of the different translators every single time a chapter is translated. From My Understanding, in Earth (Not Immortal) Cultivation you have Outer Strength, Inner Strength, Sublimity Master, Grand Master (Or called Transcedent Sometimes I believe), Divine Realm (Or God State called sometimes), Human Immortal,then Earth Immortal (Thats where you ascend to Heaven and start cultivating as an immortal n stuff). Each Cultivation like the usual Martial Arts Comic will have the Usual "Early, Middle, Late, and Peak Stage (Realm Here).) I'm not even gonna try to match the Immortal Cultivation Stages to the Human Cultivation stages, shits too confusing.

Back to the story, Chen Fan died while during a Divine Retribution when trying to climb to a high stager cause of his lack of a solid foundation. He reincarnates back to his old self (Around 16 I believe, he died at around 500 years old I think) on earth. Then for the rest of the story, NO JOKE, he quite literally beats the shit out of everyone that even tries to provoke him in anyway possible. He cultivates the "Divine Technique" from what I read in the latest chapter that makes hims able to beat others on a higher stage than him which is quite rare because for the most of the story because he's usually on the same stage as or better than most people be beats the shit out of. He mostly uses the "Apex Martial Arts" or however it is called (cause changes name like 1000 times throughout the manga). Sometimes he just pulls some random techniques out of his ass, such as the "Void Vibration" on chapter 287 but honestly thats probably him knowing a countless number of secret arts throughout his cultivation as a immortal.  He establishes his Bei Qiong Sect later on in the story and becomes apparently one of the strongest factions in the world just because they have (excluding Chen Fan) 2 Divine Realm Cultivators and 10 Grand Masters. Also they have have lots of pills, herbs, and has connections with companies so that money is no problem. Of course a reincarnation story always has its harem but his main love interest is Fang Qiong (The girl that he marries early on). Chen Fan is very arrogant and respectfully so because literally no one can challenge him and he has 500 years worth of immortal secret arts and cultivation methods within that brain of his. Usually in the story you have a character that underestimates him and then gets obliterated, or have a Fight that lasts a couple chapters if the're a well known cultivator.  This is a trend that extends throughout the story and this trend probably won't end. Although when it goes into the 200's he starts to gain a notoriety and people usually know the name "Chen Beixuan, the Strongest in the World" and is on the God's list (A list of people in the Divine Realm in the world, this list gets shorter due to a certain someone *COUGH COUGH* mc *COUGH COUGH*). Often there is people calling his fights with very strong earth cultivators "The fight of the strongest" but usually he ends up fighting people stronger so it actually isn't the fight of the strongest. (Just the fight between really strong people).

Art is surprisingly consistent throughout the story unlike some Manhua *Cough cough* Apotheosis and Metropolitan System *Cough cough* and its alright

Characters are usually one of the three: Arrogant, Submissive, or Respectful. Its usually just people being arrogant but being taught that they aren't stronger than almighty chen beixuan and becoming submissive, then respectful if they're not dead. Chen Fan is hella merciless and Tens of thousands (I think he killed like an entire city I believe).

Currently the chapters are on 296 and its caught up to the raws.. for now.

unrippledcicada's avatar
Mar 21, 2021

We start off with an interesting premise, but then it destroys its own potential within around a dozen chapters.

Art is quite bad, and there are some ugly frames which make me stop and think: 'fix that, man.'

Then the characters...are awful. Really awful. To call these characters human is a stretch; they're barely sentient. If you're familar with chinese novels or xianxia then all I have to say is that everyone is a young master. All they do is underestimate the main character and die, or fall in love with him.

The main character, by the way, whose name I proudly forgot, is a murderhobo. Absolute murderer. He commits genocide. I remember him killing a whole bloodline because the people at the top because they wouldn't agree with his absurd demands. He's arrogant, too, by the way, though I probably don't have to mention that. It's a bit of a stretch but he belongs in the same floor of hell as Hitler and Stalin, and even these two bastards could learn a thing or two from our MC.

Also, China. This manhua has no lack of nationalism, such that I'm surprised that the MC isn't wearing a CCP badge. He goes around and kills japanese gods. Oh, japanese. They are very evil in Korean and Chinese media. Then he kills Americans who act like parodies.

bad manhua, but read it if you want. Turn off 90% of your brain to read it