Ranma 1/2 - Reviews

Ranma 1/2
Wyr3d's avatar
May 10, 2013

No really a full review, as I read this series a long time ago. I do remember enjoying it n awful lot, nd waiting impatently for the next volue to be relased though :P But the reason I wanted to write here was to clear up the confusion with regrds to the number of volumes in the series.

While the website here (anime-planet) shows there are 38 volumes in Ranma 1/2 - this is only from the direct translation of ther series. Viz released the english version of the series in the 90's with only 36 volumes.

Please note, this is the full series in those 36 volumes, it's just for whatever reason Viz decided to include more chapters per volume. Prolly to offset the costs (the original print was very expensive, the latter being only 1/4 of that ==)

JaydenW's avatar
Jan 18, 2024

Ranma 1/2 is one of the best and most influential manga of all time created by a legend and told in an amazing way. The only problem I have is about halfway through when it gets repetitive but that's not because it's bad it's just because it ran for so long but it is a very sweet, charmkng, and funny read

Majykal's avatar
Oct 27, 2022

This is one of my all time favorite manga. My only issue with it is it has the same issue that a lot of the longer running weekly/monthly manga have where the story kind of either gets very repetitive or ridiculous and loses what made it unique and fun to begin with. Plus, and I apologize for the spoilers so please don't continue reading, the ending is left so open that it's not that satisfying and is a little frustrating. Overall tho, it remains my favorite series to this day and I adore it. It hold a special place in my heart.

LuniaAngel's avatar
Apr 17, 2014

>//o///< i loved this so much! I had loved the whole anime having watched it to its entierty  quite a few times and finally decided to read the manga. ANd am i happy i did. I just love these two and the character is in. Ranma and Akane are one of my top couples in the anime world and reading this made me love them more. This was a great comdey and made time just fly by for me. I'm sad that at the end they didn't get married but it hinted their postponed wedding wouldn't be to far off.  I was also a little disheartened when i realised 3 of my favorite parts in the anime were not part of the manga but the parts not included made up for it. i'm gad i'm read this and hope to read it again!! <3 <3 <3

9.5/10 story