Pyramid Game - Reviews

Pyramid Game
moochz's avatar
Apr 25, 2021

i adore manipulative protagonists so Suji was a pleasent suprise for me. don't get me wrong, she's not emotionless nor does she have amazing analyical powers, she's just an extremely calculating highschooler in a horrible situation. it's interesting to see a character being bullied and figuring out what to do without secretly being super strong or having another person save them.

i'm excited to see where the story will go because there's the entire mystery of the who and how of the pyramid game itself as well as how Suji will go about destroying it.

JustaUsername1's avatar
Nov 21, 2022

This Manhwa made me feel many different emotions. I felt anger for the silly game they were playing and almost appalled. But I also felt surprised with the twist and turns of this series. I love the MC and how smart she is. Definitely recommend!

emptymind's avatar
Jan 27, 2023

Okay, I'll admit it: I teared up.

The thing that sets this apart from other bullying comics is that all the characters felt realistic. The MC isn't kind or nice, she's actually very selfish and only wants to destroy the pyramid game for her own interests.... At first. Until, of course, she learns about the power of friendship.

All of the characters had their own motives for being bullies, bystanders or victims; most people weren't completely innocent or guilty.

I cannot stress how much I enjoyed this. The only miniscule things I can say were unenjoyable was bad art at the beginning and names that were too similar. 8.5/10 would read again

Trigger warnings: self harm, attempted s/a, bullying, fire

7.5/10 art
AMitch's avatar
Dec 31, 2021

I love this webtoon and wonder why more people don't read it.

Story: About a f*cked up school with students that do whatever they want. The "Happy" Class is a class with a hierarchy and every week or so they rate all the classmates. The new girl the mc comes and does not like the system at all. The main character is using strategies to get rid of the game.

Art: The art is really cute

Characters: The characters are annoying and only think about themselves. That aspect makes the characters realistic because they are not willing to put themselves in danger for other people. The characters don't all stick together for "teamwork" which I HATE in webtoons. The characters are people not supporting roles that help the main character without anything in exchange.

Overall: The webtoon is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dark but I like it so idrc.

9.5/10 art
9.8/10 overall
vcrtape's avatar
May 17, 2022

Genre: Drama, school, mind games, social class, discrimination, bullying

Story - 8

Your typical school bullying webtoon with a twist. It comments on real world problem (social class), but set it on school.

The story is about a class full of "special students" (either their grade, achievement, or parents) that is separated from the other classesn called the "happy class". It's not a normal class, as there is a "game" going on, that basically goes: vote 5 person u want to vote. If a person got the least amount of votes, then she will be put in "f rank". This vote happens every month at Thursday.

It's dramatic (not in terms of character), there's twists, and contain mystery.

A solid 8/10

Character - 8

It's unique and very realistic. Almost everyone is morally ambigious except the tall girl. But I love how the author portrays the characters in a way that it will happen in real life. Humans are selfish individuals, and will rather safe themself than others.

Art - 7

It's ok, nothing special, but it's not bad.

The "pretty girls" are creepy imo (except Dayeon and the class prince).

Not a fan of the eyes, but I love the hair.

Overall:

It has a unique take on the genre, but I won't say it's a masterpiece. It's definitely good tho, and on above the average standard of webtoon. 10/10 should read.

If anyone has a recomendation for these kind of manga (capitalism with mind games), please feel free to comment below.

Thank you.