Prison Life is Easy for a Villainess - Reviews

Alt title: Konyakuhaki Kara Hajimeru Akuyaku Reijou no Kangoku Slow Life

Prison Life is Easy for a Villainess
FoxyProximity's avatar
Jun 2, 2020

This story seems kinda like your typical villainess story, but it's not I mean the only reason she hasn't left yet is because she likes to just humiliate the prince. The lead plays this off like a boss though she blackmails her own brother with some naughty stuff, fucking bitch punches the antagonist in the gut, and hosts a formal party all without leaving her cell. She completely leaves the palace in a huge mess. I'll start with the other kinda main characters.

The Prince: Don't remember his, don't care to. This horny mothafucker apparently loves the antagonist but likes lust at our girl after dumping her in front of everyone for "bullying". Really fucking stupid

The Maid: I don't remember her name either, but I love dis bitch too. She embodies all of the characteristics I wish I had. The MC's right hand man.

The Bitch: Otherwise known as Margaret, the antagonist. Likes to persistently accuse the MC of bullying her when the MC doesn't even remember her. Because this bitch is so damn greedy she won't leave the MC alone. All-around a fucking bitch.

9.5/10 characters
8.8/10 overall
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Dec 4, 2019

This manga started out as a 2 or 3 out of 10, because it felt like just one long gag. Where Rachel was thrown in prison, but fe wanted to be there and ended up living a luxurious lifestyle in feir cell with the prince being unable to do anything to stop fem. Fe had crates of goods shipped to feir cell and padlocked the door from the inside so guards couldn't come in and disturb feir easygoing life.

Fe's like a mob boss working from prison, able to get food and goods brought in despite attempts at security. Fe even hosts a "housewarming" party at one point, with foreign dignitaries and important merchants receiving invitations. But the all-important question, which this manga never addresses is "Where is fe shitting?" As the story revealed Rachel's calm scheming and seemingly psychopathic detachment from emotionality, I came to enjoy fem more as a character and the manga's rating slowly rose in my mind, but it never rose above mediocrity for me.

It's good art, though I have to admit I don't like Margaret's character design. Margaret is the girl who the prince and others fell in love with and who Rachel was accused of bullying. Rachel schemes to get two of the boys circling around Margaret to have to confront their fiances about the fact that they've been flirting with another girl, and consequently lose the ability to aide the prince.

I don't like the ending.

MonarqueCeleste's avatar
May 10, 2020

Too bad it's that short, we rarely see that type of good female main characters in those shoujo stories. The plot is fairly simple and I think if it was done in a worldbuilding setting it would have been better. Imagine her trying to obtain more power while fending off her political opponents.

As it is it's a short comedy that dragged on too long towards the end but still enjoyable.

blueberrypie31's avatar
Dec 31, 2021

I feel like this manga shouldn't be taken too seriously if you truly want to enjoy it. It revolves around a villainess mc who just got sent to prison, except uhh this mc is a psychopath, capable of wrecking a LOT of chaos, which is what she is doing. If you are looking for something hilarious and dumb to read for a villainess mc, this is a great one.

Sadly it ends kinda abruptly at the third chapter, when there are clear potential sequel hooks around to explore, but I suppose this might just encourage one to read the light novel for any continuations.

High score here because of how funny and dumb this is.

Ponyo18's avatar
Aug 1, 2020

Pretty interesting and humorous. The ending was a bit of a disappointment. It didn't go out with a bang, if you know what I mean.

Overall3.5/5 stars