Principles of Heavens - Reviews

Alt titles: Apotheosis, Bai Lian Cheng Shen, Forged Success

Principles of Heavens
ciPherE21's avatar
Jul 19, 2019

Blame the manhua for my ratings...   I would have rate it 10 if not for the lack of emotion... Cant feel the intent of the writer...  The company who start this project only thinks of money that they havent paid attention of the main essence of the story...   It became too boring that makes lots of readers drop this at its early stage...

(too many skipped info that it got so confusing)

Its just a matter of time until i snap and change the 5 star rating to 1 or half a star....

I hope it wont happen..

............

Yup, this is just a perfect master piece of shit...   Blame the manhua for their stupid act..    Condolence to the good novel...

DonAlba's avatar
Jul 8, 2019

I have read many cultivation-based comics (or whatever) and by far, this is one of the best. Many cultivation-themed reads tend to focus on a single Qi-based entity but Apotheosis goes to the next level and our MC is refining many Cultivations.

The only downside to this (if it is one) is that the author of the manhua skipped a lot of the beginning(*1) to skip a lot of content that they considered 'unimportant' as a result, it may leave the reader confused at times but one tends to pick up on what is going on.

Luckily, a scanlation team (Trash-Scanlations(*2)) explained many of the skipped content in the comment pages of chapters so if you're interested, I recommend starting off with reading from Trash-Scanlations* and then move on to mangatoonscans.

Obviously, with a manhua that is cultivation-based, the MC will be a cocky brat that one loves and roots for. However, I do believe that the author manages to execute a likable MC and friends which is the most important part.

T/N (2020- 07 -17):
IMO: The translator-notes carried the series as it explained a lot of missing details omitted and/or that the artists decided to omit and thus had to clarify. At some point, however, the scanlation team changed and these T/Ns ceased with it and so the manhua's experience lost some of its appeal.
--UPDATE 2020 - 07 - 17--

I recently read all of Panlong (Coiling Dragon) novel and have become completely utterly done with xianxia as the genre has become saturated with how much content I consumed, and I can say that it is the pinnacle of xianxia. However, although I can say that I've read the pinnacle, I would not recommend one to read it. Instead, I think one ought to opt for a shorter novel/manhua rather than a neverending IP. If one does go through with reading such long IP, I've realized that in the end, it is truly not satisfying. The only satisfaction is that one has finally completed the utter mess that the novel has been and thus can move on to reading other things.

I've gained a lot more information knowledge reading a 300-page story than Panlong's entire saga of 8000 pages. And this can be applied to not just Panlong but to the whole wuxia-genre's novels/manhua that believe it is okay to drag out a series past 200+ chapters.

6.3/10 overall
Maryus77's avatar
Mar 22, 2020

Even thought in the beginning there was some skipped content everything became musch clearer later on. It often feels as if the author adds new things on the run and forgets about some things and it often teases events that are not going to/will happen so late that you yourself are probably going to forget (WHAT ABOUT HIS OLD MASTER, DIDN'T SHE NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING?) but is still has a really good story which is going to last for some time, the pacing feels good but on some things it feels like its taking too much time to complete (ALMOST 500 CHAPTERS AND ONLY 2 DRAGONS?!?), I hope that in the future some things are going to go faster or not take that long since richt now it feels like I need to memorise to many things (WHEN IS HE COMPLETENG THAT DAMM MANSION!?!) but at the end I still wished to read more and I spent countless hours without pause reading this and it felt good. I deffinetly recomend this even thought the beginning feels really cheap and overwhelming.

<div class="translationcontainer___extension" style="display: none; top: 0px; left: -5px;">TRAINERTRAINER <div class="dictblock___extension">noun :
  • <div class="definition___extension">a person who trains people or animals.</div> <div class="example___extension">He's the outstanding racehorse trainer, the trainer of flat race horses I suppose in the world.</div>
  • <div class="definition___extension">a person whose job is to provide medical assistance to athletes.</div> <div class="example___extension">Additionally you should check out if any other equipment is required, and will the trainer provide it or do you have to hire it?</div>
  • <div class="definition___extension">a soft sports shoe suitable for casual wear.</div> <div class="example___extension">If you're pumping iron, then you're better off wearing a pair of cross trainers because they offer better lateral stability.</div>
</div> <div class="bottom___extension"> <div class="speakerimg___extension"> </div> <div class="detected-language___extension">Detected language : English</div> <div style="clear: both;"> </div> <div> </div> </div> </div>
Heyo13579's avatar
Jan 22, 2020

The story and over all flow of this manga is SOO bad I have absolutely no idea why it has such a high rating

Soilderboy's avatar
May 22, 2020

I feel almost no emotion when reading this, it just feels plain boring. Normally I'm fine with any cultivator manghua even if it repeats itself quite a bit, but this honestly has to be one of the worst early starts for a manga. I can't bother to continue, but I'm on chapter 54 on this, and really don't think this manga should be getting the high ratings it gets. The characters are actually horrible though, one of the tags was romance, but all I see is a sis-con that literally thinks any girl in the world is his sister. I got so bored of it I had to alt tab to do anything else besides reading it, but I realized that when I came back to read it, if I'm not finding any enjoyment in reading it, why should i read it.

7.5/10 story