Pichi Pichi Pitch: Mermaid Melody - Reviews

Pichi Pichi Pitch: Mermaid Melody
LittleChomp's avatar
Feb 16, 2012

Manga in 200 Words: Pichi Pichi Pitch: Mermaid Melody

Premise: The seven seas are ruled by seven mermaid princesses who have the power to transform into idols with their colored pearls. Because the sea kingdoms are in danger, the girls must unite and sing their foes into submission, or everything will be lost!

Magical Girl: These girls have three forms. Each. It’s odd to me that their powered up forms are human, because they primarily use their powers in the ocean. Whatever.

Powers: All of the characters sing. Without a soundtrack, it’s hard to care.

Enemies: They’re strange. All of them. (Eriru spin! Spin! Spin!) It’s more odd strange than funny strange for me.

Romance: You wanna know something sad? I actually cared more about Hippo’s love than ANY OTHER RELATIONSHIP. Why? Two words: sea foam. They know about the danger, but none of them care. Bah!

Overall: Pichi Pichi Pitch: Mermaid Melody has two main arcs, and I think I prefer the first one. Now, suddenly, Coco, Noel, and Karen just pop in and want to help? Creepy. This series is ok, but unless you’re a die-hard mahou shoujo fan, it’s probably not going to impress you very much.

4.5/10 characters
PinkyAzalea15's avatar
Mar 6, 2019

The manga itself was great and the anime was pretty well adapted. The only thing I don't like it's the ending because it's so abrupted. The battles are also original, because non other mahou shojo anime sang before Mermaid Melody and the romance is kinda cute. I also love the fact that the author doesn't focus only in the main characters and cares for the secondary ones and besides, each characters has a differet personality.