Phone Addict - Reviews

Phone Addict
iicrisp's avatar
Aug 23, 2023

The concept was good, but I'm not sure the whole phone turning into a human thing was necessary. It was the hook of the plot, but it didn't really carry much weight and just became increasingly redundant as the story progressed. I wasn't expecting an ending so soon as well. The plot was driven to a point that should've been a season finale, not a series finale.

MoonLight321's avatar
Jul 16, 2023

• Story: The story was decent, but in my opinion Zell carried most of it and made it a tad bit interesting, if he weren't there it would just be a predictable romance. The ending was good but there are still so many missing pieces and it would have been better if they made the end more realistic.
  • Art: The art isn't quite to my liking but I know the artist worked very hard on it and it makes the characters look slightly real.
  • Characters:  The protagonist (Damu) was very relatable due to her procrastination skills. Zell, the human phone has no emotion in the beginning but slowly he develops feelings for the protagonist and shows emotions such as slight blushing, and slight smiling. Although Zell lacks communication, I don't blame him, he's just a phone and never experienced having feelings. Yeonu is the average boy in a predictable romance, he's annoying at first but then he grows feelings for the protagonist and wants to become friends or more with her. Jiho, the clingy hamster kid whos always up for snacks and very energetic, is the character that shows the most emotion. Yujeong is Damu's smart friend who always focuses on studies and has a strict mom, it was nice to see her loosen up a bit near the end.
  • Overall:  I would rate this story 7.8/10 overall.

If you're looking for a light romantic webtoon, then I would recommend you read it.

8.5/10 story
7.8/10 overall
llynden's avatar
Jul 2, 2023

The concept is good and was paced well, just found that some parts of the story were a bit bland.  Damu's character development was great and it was fun to see how she made friends nd such. The ending was good and the art was nice and consistent. It's not groundbreaking but it's a nice read.

Carnufex's avatar
May 13, 2023

English

Not much to write home about in this webtoon. The idea felt interesting at the start, but except to create a couple of misunderstandings, I have a hard time seeing what the character of the phone who becomes a real little boy brings to the table. The rest of the story is a rather bland romance that ends just like it started: I just don’t care a second about it. The art isn’t really to my taste, but its not bad per se.

Français

Pas grand-chose de mémorable dans ce webtoon. L’idée paraissait intéressante au départ, mais à part créer des incompréhensions en plusieurs occasions, on peine à voir ce qu’apporte le personnage du téléphone qui se transforme en vrai petit garçon. Le reste est une romance assez insipide qui se termine comme elle a commencé : dans mon indifférence la plus totale. Je n’adhère pas particulièrement au style de dessins, mais ils ne sont pas à proprement parler mauvais.