Pharaoh's Concubine - Reviews

Alt title: Sha Yu Hai Zhi Ge

Pharaoh's Concubine
ArgenTyger's avatar
Aug 18, 2019

Pharaoh's Concubine is my most favorite webtoon, manwha, manhua or whatever it is called. The story is fantastic with lots of history and splendor in it. As the story goes on ang gets near the end, it gets a little complicated, to which i will not spoil, but it is a happy ending. Just not the ending i was kinda expecting, but it was a great twist! The love that transcends time, space and country will strike one in the heart. The love that Sese has for Ivy is true, pure and in the ultimate form!! It makes my heart pound and my eyes tear! It is a must read!!!

cherriiquartz's avatar
Nov 29, 2020

I loved the story. So many plots and twists. I was surprised every time. Also the history was really interesting. I knew a little bit about Nefertari and the mystery that surronds her, and I thought it was really cool how her and Ramses's relationship was adapted. Also, the art was BEAUTIFUL and the main characted Ivy was super strong and smart which I love. Sure, she had her falts but at least she wasn't a Mary Sue because I find those characters really annoying. The love between Ivy and Ramses was believable and beautiful. I laughed, I cried, it was a great journey. However, there are 2 things to note:

- there was a little bit of almost-incest and it was HECKING CREEPY, but I still read anyway because the story was good

- the ML was super obsessive which also came off as creepy to me

If those two things above don't bother you, then I recommend 100%

I think it is completed with one season, though there are two more books (not in English). The books are a continuation of the ending. Even though the manga ends earlier than the books, the ending still felt natural and complete.

BRUVA's avatar
Nov 19, 2020

this manhua was kinda trash in my opinon. It was pretty boring and it didn't really make me want to continue reading, but I kept on reading cause i wanted to see if there was going to be something huge that happens, but nothing really happens. the plot was pretty trash the art was pretty good thought. Ivy is pretty book smart, but when it comes to street smarts she DUMB bro. I wish she was a little nicer to her brother and considered his feeling a little more and vise versa. It wasn't that bad but i wouldn't really recommend this to someone.

Sherbella's avatar
Oct 23, 2020

Many great twists and plot and there is even real history in the story! Although the ending was expected, all the journey there was really amazing and the art is also really beautiful and some parts of the story made me really emotional but i highly recommend it!

ZoeOBryan's avatar
Feb 22, 2021

The story of this manga was incredible. At times it got a little dull, but just as I started to decide that maybe I would stop reading it, the author dropped a bomb and immediately recaptured my interest.

The art was also amazing. It really captured the essence of Egyptian culture: clothing, buildings, people, etc.

All of the characters were incredible masterpieces. Each one was really fun to watch as they interacted with other characters. All of them had unique personalities that, when put together, made an incredible story.

(For the authors)
This manga was really a masterpiece. I kept avoiding it originally because I don't usually read much other than historical romances for like China and stuff so it felt wierd that an egyptian thing kept showing up in reccomendations. When I finally read the manga I was glad that I did, and I would like to thank everyone who helped make this for bringing such a masterpiece into my life.