Perfect Marriage Revenge - Reviews

Alt titles: The Essence of a Perfect Marriage, Wanbyeokan Gyeolhonui Jeongseok

Perfect Marriage Revenge
upsidepenguin's avatar
Oct 17, 2021

Stereotypical story with really bad pacing. It's hilarious, in a bad way. It plays out the same: person finds out partner's cheating on her with her sister, person vows to take revenge by partnering up with a big hotshot. Blah blah. Characters are one dimensional and forced. Sister is always the bitch, MC is the victim who's now turned 180. ML is your stock male lead of "I find you amusing lolol ok lets do a contract marriage then", and everything FL does is viewed by ML as "Wow, this girl is so interesting. I've never seen a person like this before" when all FL does is common sense. I'm worried for these chaebols if common sense is some rare pokemon.

Also, FL lacks common sense (what a contradiction!) even though she's supposedly portrayed as this new, headstrong, smart person. Who gets piss drunk, alone with another person you've just met?? Author is just force ticking the boxes for cliches at this point.

And! Plenty of shitty mother/mother-in-laws, because this type of webtoon isn't complete without that cliche.

One redeeming point is that they're both from the future, probably. So there's mutual understanding between them, and time traveling spices up the plot.

Art is pretty good. Some eyes out of focus though.

Meh story. Read it for some really cliche, braindead plot.

molopower's avatar
Dec 20, 2022

Perfect Marriage Revenge is fine. It grapples with too much. Revenge, romance, trauma, mystery, career, cooking, time travel, and winning over in-laws. And the author seems to forget important details, I was confused to see our protagonist unable to cook when in the beginning chapters she's a housewife forced to prepare food for her family. furthermore, as someone who can't eat dishes made by others wouldn't it make sense to do it yourself then? Or as someone who wants to inherit the family business, suddenly, focusing on an artistic career? What? The pacing seemed extremely strange to me too, it starts off extremely slow, then ramps up to fall back down to a crawl. Honestly, I'm not so sure I would recommend this, when there are simply better options.

ModnarAnon's avatar
Mar 21, 2024

SOOOO GOOD HAHA! This story satisfied my revenge cravings like HELL YEAH! Glad that everything turned out soooooo well. ✨ Also, ML IS SUCH A GREEN FLAG!!! Extinct specie indeed in rl. :((((

7.5/10 story
ShiranaiSan's avatar
Mar 17, 2024

Perfect Marriage Revenge is cliche and tastes of dog water. The plot is filled with cliches, which have their place if you want to turn your brain off and enjoy a story. But by the end of the webtoon the FL completely loses all of her previous characterization. There were many better and different ways to go about this series. But the plot doesn't go down any of the good ones.

The sister, the secondary female antagonist to the mother, is way more sympathetic than whatever nonsense is going on with the MC. But she's basically SA'd and it's treated like her just desserts. Which I think is definitely a warning that needs to be announced before one gets too into this series. Most of all the characters are one dimensional, with unilaterially loving the FL and ML with little to no work to actually move the mover to their side. The backstory of the Mother's plans are also incredibly stretched in reasonablility.

Definitely pass this if you're looking for any sensitive themes to be tackled with any class or with any skill.