Payback - Reviews

Payback
upsidepenguin's avatar
Oct 14, 2021

Strong main character is fun to read but ML's your typical trash CEO type. If you can look past obsessiveness, forceful kissing, powerful CEO coercing strong MC, then read it. The art is really, really good.

I just want to read about MC's revenge... not the shitty dynamic MC and ML have. ML is like "You are defiant, so you amuse me, so you turn me on. So I'm going to help you, in addition to leaving you no other choice but to fulfil my every need, even against your will." Yeah he's hot and "daddy af", but his logic and actions, to me, are not funny and not romantic.

I do understand that the cover should have served as a warning sign for what the story would be like. If the author's intention is to not portray this as romantic, then I'll give this a higher rating. Right now, the intention is quite clear. The ML is clearly stated to be an asshole and the relationship doesn't seem so romantic. So I'll treat this like a psychological or something, where twistedness is rewarded.

Art: Fujoking art is hot as always. Highlight of the story.

getou's avatar
Jul 20, 2021

The story, the characters, and especially the artwork for this mahwa are so incredible I'm astounded. The MC is a pretty chill dude suffering from guilt over the death of his younger brother and mother (his whole family) until he discovers that he might not be the only person responsible for the murder of his brother and decides to take revenge.

It's hinted (?) that the love interest (Director yoon) and the MC had a one night stand 5 years ago and the ML has been looking for him ever since because the MC left 20 cents (200 won) for Yoon's services (LMFAO director yoon you're a shoddy lay). The dynamic between the two is honestly so funny. I'm really looking forward to the updates. Overall 10/10.

Cupidsbow22's avatar
Jun 24, 2021

This has very few chapter so far but the story is absolutely incredible and the characters are beautiful and extremely well made the plot is really unique and I actually can't wait to read more