Painter of the Night - Reviews

Alt title: Yahwacheop

Painter of the Night
AbbyG's avatar
Mar 3, 2020

It has a nice plot.. Really.. But too much s*x kinda ruined it as there is nothing much happening apart from s*x. I'm saying this because I genuinely felt that the story line is good. But it's still an ongoing manga so there's hope to be more substance in it in the chapters ahead. I want to know about the Lord's past and how he became as he is now. Also, about the cute painter boy, about why he started drawing men having s*x since such a young age. There is so much to know.

About art style, I liked it. Both of the main and side characters are good looking.

Characters are good as well it just lack substance. I'll be looking forward to new chapters. Good luck author.

Update: this is just to say that I'm completed with the season 1 of this Manga.. N at the end of the book, things are looking up. With nameless guy, a murder plot, conflicting feelings, I think the second part is gonna be good. Looking forward to it.

PS: BTW the nameless guy is soooooooooo hot. I like him more than I like master Yoon. Maybe it's because I hv a thing for beard. N n that jawline of his. Hehe. More so The art is consistent which is good.

Update: I'm done with season 2 as well n I must say there is great improvement. Now I'm reading chapter by chapter as it is updating of season 3 n the plot has really thickened its an 8.5/10 for me now but I will directly update the rating once its complete. Really really love how well this is going. A must read.

Curiousmadra's avatar
May 3, 2020

Yeah a lotta brainwashing and sex scenes were way too involved in this so not for me bro!!!!

Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 14, 2020

I'm not usually into dark shit but I binged this when I was in a bad mood. I am so conflicted after reading this manga. The seme is an absolute ass and put the uke is such a horrible situation. Hell, not a chapter goes by without our poor baby having a mental breakdown. (I forgot their names so I'll just refer to them as seme and uke.)

Our uke is an erotic painter whose art caught the eyes of our lustful, psychotic seme. There's also some other asshole the uke loves who should rot in hell. AHEM.

Basically, the uke is stuck with a perverted psycho who won't let him leave. Plus, he doesn't hesitate to hurt our baby and even went as far as raping him (no surprise there).

I believe there will definitely be romantic development next season and I don't know if I'm okay with that. Nevertheless, I do look forward to reading the upcoming chapters. I want to know how this gruesome story will end.

Cakeniron's avatar
Oct 29, 2020

I'm not a BL fanatic, but good BL usually has an awesome story with evolving characters and an intriguing background.

Now; Painter of The Night has all these things, but it is a hardcore BL. There is lots of buttseckx, but if you can get past all that...you will see that the art is amazing. The artist spared no expense with facial expressions, anatomy and color.

I irnored the sex after a while before the art was just so good and the story went so well.

This is one of the best illustrated BL reads on the internet. Give it a go.

AkQuirasavge's avatar
Oct 5, 2020

Tbh honest I think it's great character development is great and it seems as though it's quite easy to interpret but it actually it's not it's is full of great twist and turns but towards the end since it is still ongoing the plot is falling a little bit I hope the author can help pick it back up but other than that its great I'll put more update's in my opinion later. Oh, wait I just remembered one thing I wish there was more to the plot a little because there is a lot of the nasty BUT WAIT don't let that stray you it's plot is still good  I'm just saying...

Hello, it's me again on this review update the plot really picked up and I'm so happy to see that the author brought it back up and there's also so charter develop meant underway I hoped that really come through for this story so it's a really good simple but intricate read.

8.9/10 story