Our Dining Table - Reviews

Alt title: Bokura no Shokutaku

Our Dining Table
Curiousmadra's avatar
May 23, 2020

Dang this gay manga made me nearly emotional for Yutaka like I wanna hug him so badly man for what he's been through with his family😭😭

Himself x Minoru are just so perfect together ❤❤

Read: 26th of April 2020

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Mar 25, 2021

A very soothing and satisfying read. Yutaka has felt alone for quite some time, and experiences anxiety at the thought of eating with others (and being rejected or left out). Fe runs into a pair of brothers, Minoru and Tane, and the exuberance and boundary-breaking friendliness of the four-year-old Tane leads to the three of them spending more time together. Yutaka teaches them feir method of making onigiri (also known as "oginiri" in some circles)--using a donabe pot, filling them with creative innards, and making them gigantic. I very much appreciated the pure excitement and how these characters allowed themselves to feel their feelings without reservations; everytime Yutaka said fe had been looking forward to seeing them or runs through the streets just to see them a little bit sooner makes me smile.

The art is very pleasant and nice. It has some disconnected and wobbly lines that make it feel loose, but it's also very clearly precise and beautifully proportioned. The pants feel squibbly and all seem to have low crotch points.

foiin's avatar
May 15, 2022

THIS WAS SO SWEET OMLL

I loved how there was the emphasis on feeling like a family and at home and loved and all that and it's just sO AKKDJCSK

my only criticism is that I wish there was a little bit more on getting to see Them fall I love ig? Other than that I absolutely love this

8.5/10 story
KaiScribbles's avatar
Nov 8, 2020

I love this manga so much it is so cute!! <3

The story felt a little off to me, specifically the beginning, but it's still really good. I still find it a little odd how they invited Yutaka over without even knowing his name and Yutaka not knowing Minoru or Tane's names either.

The art style is phenomenal in my opinion! I really like the shape of the eyes in the characters

I really like the characters, especially Tane<3 Minoru is amazing imo. He's just so caring of Yutaka and Tane. I really love how Yutaka changes and becomes happier seemingly

I find the backstories for Minoru and Yutaka sad though :(

minimellow's avatar
Apr 11, 2021

Our Dining Table is what I typically look for in a one shot; a beautiful story that captivates me from start to finish. Even though it has been a few months since I have read it, it's memorable enough to be on my mind all the time. It was so easy to fall in love with this story, and want to get to know the characters inside and out. Being able to see so much growth in such a short time and it not feel rushed, but feel right; I admire the author for how well they were able to do this. I completely recommend this series with all of my heart, it's a wonderful story with tons of depth but at the same time has lighthearted moments that make you feel so deeply for the characters. A wonderful manga to add to your collection!

(This is my first review so I hope this isn't horribly and sorta helpful)