Ore wa Subete wo “Parry” Suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai - Reviews

Alt title: I Will Parry Everything to Become the Greatest Adventurer!

Sugao's avatar
Mar 22, 2021

This manga only has five chapters at the moment so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Story: Bad. Op mc doesn't realize he's super overpowered and the constant misunderstandings between him and the supporting cast somehow never get resolved and feel forced.

Mc: "I'm so weak I was nearly hit by his attack. I have to give up."

Other Dude: "He's so strong, he evaded my strongest 100% deadly attack. He even had mercy on me and gave up so I don't embarrass myself in front of my soldiers."

This kind of misunderstandings and they happen like every 2 pages. It's not even funny.

Art: Lower mediocre at best. Anatomy, especially facial structure feels off.

Characters: Bland. Mc could get replaced by a bottle of protein powder and it would be an improvement. Doesn't get that he's super strong even though it's obvious. Support cast so far doesn't have any character traits that would make them stand out and they are as dense as the mc to not get that he thinks he's weak.

If this goes on I'll drop the manga and give it 1.5 stars max. If mc gets that he's strong and suddenly finds some conviction he wants to strive for I'll give it another try.

So far it's not worth wasting your time on.

kizmazcan's avatar
Jan 7, 2022

it actually has so much potantial but the whole manga is a chain of misunderstandings. MC is not capable of understanding how op he is in a realy anoyinh way. Like he makes himself belive a fucking 10m Goblin Emperor is a normal day gobling. None of the characters teling him how strong he is in a stupidly stubborn way and so on... Don't ever read it, it givs a good vibe but it is horrbile. Good art thou.

v1ad's avatar
May 10, 2021

Why making him clueless and stupid while being extra powerful, so cliché just stop please (the art is good btw).

HarryPython's avatar
Oct 2, 2021

Either the scanlation who I can find that did the translation did and absolutely Shite job of translating and keeping chapters in order or the author of this manga has absolutely no idea how to tell a story. It seemingly jumps back and forth in the timeline and there's no character development or backstop in any of yhe characters presented. At least the art's good though. Overall however the experice was shit, the story was shit, and the characters were shit I cannot in good conscience recommend this manga to anyone.

3.5/10 overall
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Jan 22, 2022

Noru's personality--specifically feir obliviousness and lack of common sense--is the hook of this manga, the thing which is supposed to grab readers' attention. It's basically intended to be a constant source of irony and misunderstandings. And while I will admit that sometimes the obliviousness doesn't quite hit the right balance between dumb and funny, I do find several of the misunderstandings quite grin-inducing. Like, the way that Noru thought the toad-dragon was being transported as food (ch. 8). The series also has a few fights which are genuine, epic heart-punchers. Like, the moment when Ines realized that Noru was still fighting (ch. 7) was one such moment. And the clash against Sadou (ch. 10) was also pretty decent, largely because of the over-the-top backstory which was given to Sadou.

As for the artwork, it's not the greatest. The movements and body positioning can feel stiff. There's "wig hair." There are subtly inconsistent proportions. Some of the characters (such as Rine and Ines) look a bit too similar.

Also, a "Romance" tag? Mmm, might be a bit premature for that. As of now, there is zero romance within the story.

[Reviewed at chapter 11]