Offense and Defense in Daites - Reviews

Alt title: Daites-ryou Koubouki

Offense and Defense in Daites
LilAngel's avatar
Feb 9, 2020

This began with a good start as it skipped the usual childhood where they build their reputation. It focus on a already astabolished country where the MCs i deas are already commonplace. The only thing I should mention is that they should add the tags of 'Love Triangle' since I was supprised to see that it an open relationship between the MC and the ML. The ML has a openly sexual relationship with his knight, (of which the MC loves since she is a fujoshi). I was just kind of betrayed, (not that i have anything against open realtionships, You do you boo) as i prefer the ML being fully devoted to the MC. Because as a monogamist it made me not like the ML anymore since to me it felt more like cheating. (the knight knew it seemed that way too since when he and the ML kissed and the MC walked in he begged for forgivness. But it was suddently okay as she was a fujoshi) I just wished the discription had mentioned it is all.

To sum it up the ML is allowed sexual relations with another person, and the MC is okay with it even tho she is a monogomist, because its BL.

Also dont care about grammar or spelling since I'm dyslexic and dont really care XP

gmn's avatar
May 29, 2021

Spoilers.

It was so good and interesting at first, I liked the MC where she used her past life knowadlege and builded different machines to helped those in her country.

But then there was the relationship between the ML and his knight, The wife was totatlly fine with it because it's BL. okay NO NO NO no matter how much you love BL he is your fucking husband. to add to that the wife became obsessed with the ML but she supported them. this made me hate the story all together, and dispite the ML getting married, he contined his relationship with his knight and loved his wife. (Although,  feel like he just don't want to get in her bad side and use her as in exuse to get out of everything, and he is also interested in her knoweldge but I think it's not love, and if it's love I would hate him more). To hate the ML even more, he just force the MC to go to bed together and do the "husband role" while the knight is fine with it because of his loyalty.

I really think she deserve better. Everything is overflowing with "comedy" and that's makes it so bad. The story was so refreshing at first but I didn't like the twist with the knight and the personality of the Main Characters (at first it was okay). I really hope there is going to be a second ML or something to make everything balanced and also because she don't desrve this ML.

Shallot's avatar
May 26, 2022

Yeah... What? It was kinda interesting (Lil boring) but the characters quirkiness made up for the weak plot. but WHY the F*CK did the have the MC have a realationship with the knight? I'm just suuuper cofused, like yeah there was the fujoshi aspect of the FL and her maid but why is there suddenly a sausy romance blooming with MC and someone else and not the FL? It just didn't really make sense to have it present.

3.5/10 story