Odd Love - Reviews

Alt titles: Exotic Love, Oesarang

Odd Love
Hyun21's avatar
May 31, 2023

I took several deep breathes before writing this review....

To all those people who said this is a highly recommended one and it's really good and it gets better and it's full of fluff towards th end...I'm telling ya, they are blind or they don't know what good means.

This manga is what I would call, a waste.  It's totally a waste. From chapter 1 till the end, it's a waste.

So the story is about a rich chaebol named Jeong. He's filthy rich, never had a problem in his life. He's selfish and thinks no end of himself and everyone who isn't rich and isn't on the same level as him, is simply trash.

So Jeong meets Yoon at a party five years ago. Yoon was an up and coming actor. He sees Yoon smile and his heart skips a beat. Now, because his heart skipped a beat because of Yoon, he decided he'll ruin Yoon's life. What logic is that, goes beyond me but well....

So, he plants drugs on Yoon, gets him arrested,. Sent to jail, obviously his movie career goes into the drain..and that was all cause he made his heart skip beat.

Fie years.later, they meet again, now Yoon a newbie director. Jeong says he'll invest in Yoons movie. Again  he ruined Yoon. He makes sure the movie comes out as toal trash.

What follows, is Yoon being related like garbage..oh, Jeong is married.. he treats his wife like shit. Anyways, Jeong beats yoon up...in general he beats people up. He pretty much spends time.doing drugs, orgies and ruining peopels life. So he basically ruins Yoons life twice.

And then ita  a total mess. Jeong behaves as if he's the victim. He literally behaves as if he gone through something whereas he's actually not gone through anything.

1) he then keeps Yoon by his side by helping him again with his movie.

2) Yoon is head over heels in love with him. It doesn't matter to Yoon wjat Jeong has done.

3) Jeong ruins alot of lives. He puts his Wie into a mental asylum.

4) Drug addict bith almost I think

5) he treats Yoon like shit. He keeps treating him like a prostitute.

6) Jeong trusts no one. Even when someone dies and people are upset, he's like, why are they upset?? Are they really upset?

7) Yoon rapes Jeong the fist time they met. Yoon tells Jeong he'll rape him if he doesn't accept his love in the last chapter.

8) I the end, Jeong never apologises. He never apologized to anyone. He still is tje same trash he was.

9) Yoon has no self respect. Literally being with thr man who ruined yoir life.

In conclusion, trash. Trash. This is all i can say. This is trash.

annebaker's avatar
Sep 28, 2021

Hella toxic... such frustrating levels of (mis)communications! But still this will make you feel emotions deep within your heart! And that is why this is good... I am so invested in this story, and I can't wait for these two getting into a normal healthy relationship ultimately in the end (which I am hoping for). The characters make you feel for them, both empathy and anger. :'( The waiting for more chapters of this is ANXIETY personified. :'(

Lol sorry for being so dramatic. Xoxo

Thatblackhairedgirl's avatar
Sep 18, 2021

Describing the story in general kinda of diffcult The plot seems very messy from the beggining but thoroughout the story the plot and each devolpment of the story love story is generally expressed in a very fond way and i honestly thought it would be more angsty but i was happy to see that the story plot went smoother its not your typical fluff smut romance but more a mature depressing dramatic love and i honestly like this toxic fucked up but healthy love story and i would reccommend

9.5/10 story
9.9/10 art
6.4/10 characters
WangXianUwU's avatar
Dec 18, 2021

The art and smut is amazin, the characters are Hella obnoxious and MISCOMMUNICATION SO DAMN MUCH. This was a roller-coaster of emotions of cute, hot, sad, anger, happy. More anger than anything tho.

**OVERVIEW AND SPOILERS **

If only Mc gave into his feelings 5 years ago, they could've been in a happy relationship. Instead, it's built on sex, lies, and no trust. Mc is constantly weary of ml intentions even tho Mc intentionally tried to ruin ml career. Right when they're good something happens and Mc runs away. Happens a a few times that it's overly obnoxious. Obviously I wanted them to get together but I wouldn't have been mad if ml actually left and Mc had to deal with heartbreak for the first time. I'd recommend reading this at least once, but for me personally I'll just skim over the smut next time because the smut is hot but omg the story I wanted to punch Mc for being so stupid and denying his feelings the whole damn time.

Rimuru00's avatar
Jul 4, 2021

At first I disliked Jaehan but began to like him at the end of season 1.. I empathize with him 🤧. This is highly recommended 💕