Obey Me - Reviews

Alt title: Bokjonghaneun Bangbeop

Obey Me
annaiou's avatar
Jul 29, 2019

Giving this a two feels generous to be honest. It's a very odd experience and I'm interested to see where it'll go. It's so uncomfortable. At least with Killing Stalking the characters had development, yet this is as basic as it gets. It's fetishizing gay men once more, this time more kinky. The art is very weird and everything about this is disturbing. I don't understand why anyone would like this.

Lhochi666's avatar
Jun 21, 2020

Okay so there isn't many reviews for this so I'm here to add to that. Obey me is a yaoi that was similar themes to 'Killing stalking' yet being more personal to the main character. Speaking of the characters, there isn't a lot of development but there are definitely likeable and kinda cute. Don't judge me lol. The manga isn't scary and it didn't suprise me in a way to call it a horror yet it didn't make my stomach flutter looking at any of the cute scenes, because there was none. The art is pretty okay aswell, nothing great but definitely new and interesting.

overall I would read it, it is worth the time to read and it's a very mediocre yaoi yet if you like dark themes that could be offensive to others take a read. :))

Erika123456's avatar
May 30, 2020

The story line is very dissterbing even more dussterbing then killing stalking. But the art stile is amazing and I loved the ending to it it made me happy that every person was fine.

ADOS1975's avatar
Nov 20, 2020

I really thought I'd like this one a lot more than I did!  After reading the first two chapters I initially gave Obey Me a 10/10 but, having just completed that entire series, I now give it 7/10.  The story itself is intriguing enough and there is lots of psychological drama and warfare as to where I can see why one would label this as a suitable substitute for Killing Stalking alas, that's about all these two mangas share in common.  Whereas Killing Stalking rightfully ran four times as long as Obey Me as it told a gripping DEVELOPED tale, gave plausible and believable backstories as well as room for audience interpretation, Obey Me, at a mere 42 chapters, achieves absolutely none of this, in my opinion.  Unlike with Sangwoo, we never learn exactly why Gyul-Wool is so psychologically distressed or the root cause(s) of his obsessions, phobias and fetishes; and, no, the fact that he becomes an abusive stalker, kidnapper, rapist and murderer all because his mother denied him hugs as a child is completely over-the-top and unbelievable, even for a manga!  Also, why does Gyul-Wool have so much money?  Did he inherit it?  Are his parents still alive or deceased?  Did he murder them?  And that's just Gyul-Wool!  Why does Jinyoo's father just suddenly, out of the blue, become abusive?  What became of Jinyoo and his father's relationship after Jinyoo's whole ordeal?  And then there is Hayan!  The character is introduced in the third chapter and never developes into much of anything other than a fellow tortured soul (although we never learn exactly why) and love interest for Jinyoo and to add a much not needed "twist" to the story.  I could go on and on but, I'll conclude with the possibility that the reason this manga is so truncated, combined with the observation that the last three chapters took the writer a copius five months to complete, is most likely due to the fact that the author him/herself lost interest in the project.

pukegirl's avatar
Sep 25, 2020

the reason i read this was because i heard it was gonna be like killing stalking, it was kinda like it but killing stalking definitely wins over this one! this was pretty entertaining and had good plot twists! i wish there was more to the characters than the MC, the art is also quiet ugly lol, this series is totally NOT bad! it could've been better but it's still good.

overall, would recommend unless you're picky of the art style XDD

5.5/10 story