Not-Sew-Wicked Stepmom - Reviews

Alt title: Gyemoinde, Ttari Neomu Gwiyeowo

Not-Sew-Wicked Stepmom
machiabeeli's avatar
Aug 13, 2021

A modern take on the Cinderella story, I'm Only A Stepmother, But My Daughter Is Just So Cute could be considered the alternative to Who Made Me A Princess in terms of the relationship between the daughter and the mother. Our female lead reincarnates into this world where her body formerly abused and neglected the crown princess out of envy for her beauty. She decides to rectify this mistake by slowly earning the trust of the people in the palace, as well as doting on the daughter and convincing the male lead to follow suit.

There's plenty of comedy here to be found as well as family fluff that doesn't seem too forced or one-sided for any of the characters. The art style is well done and the details for items were worked on by someone who clearly knows what they were doing - dresses were rendered in styles that were realistic, character design and coloring were beautifully made and further enveloped the reader in the world envisioned by the author.

More than anything, I enjoyed the male lead's predicament and his openness to the female lead. He's not emotionally distant, well not on purpose, and they take time to explore why this happened and how his behavior shaped him as a character and as a husband. I'm not going to say more about it but the cause for this is something that I rarely see in this genre so I'm quite happy that the manhwa touched upon this issue. They handled it okay, without burdening or pitying the characters involved, which I appreciated a lot.

Should you read this? Yes, definitely. I laughed and I cried and I felt alive, especially with how the author shows the relationships between three equally complicated people who just want to feel loved. Very nice, definitely a guilty favorite of mine in this genre. 10/10 will read again for sure.

8.5/10 art
8.5/10 characters
NicoDreamyMouse's avatar
Nov 1, 2021

AAH! This story is soo good! I love Abigail and cute little Blanche's relationship! The black haired dad may be a total b*tch but at least he doesn't get too evil as the story progresses on (yes I'm only at chapter 20 TwT.) Art is amazing! I love the cuteness put in each chapter and the characters are soo bizarre but soo cool! Overall, this classic Snow White modern spin is probably one of my favourites, if not my favourite manhwa to read so far! 100% recommend it! :D

tempesthorne99's avatar
May 9, 2021

Review:

Hahaha! A very funny version of snow white without the dwarves. And also a very sassy and hottie mirror dude.

Synopsis:

Mc got reincarnated as a villainous stepmother of a cute little princess. As a fan of all things small and cute, she tried different antics to have the kid like her. Well, lwts forget abt the king lol.

YukinaZero's avatar
May 20, 2021

This story was trying to be overly funny but it honestly just came off as a bit weird to me. Unappleaing. Plus I didn't like my first impressions of the Male lead.

TheEpicGamer145's avatar
Jan 15, 2022

Totally loved this one.

The FL is amazing and does not hesitate to stand up for herself.

The ML has a very traumatic past but he is slowly getting over it.

And the daughter is a total cutie as usual. It is filled with cute and fluffy moments.

Loved it