Nina the Starry Bride - Reviews

Alt title: Hoshi Furu Oukoku no Nina

Nina the Starry Bride
Geoffery's avatar
Jan 13, 2024

It is definitely underrated.
I, for one, DESPISE love triangles and the protagonist can be a tad bit childish and annoying.

However!! If you can look past her stupid outbursts and the "generous" monarch who didn't kill her on the spot then it's enjoyable. It's basically competent men and the protagonist. The story "feels" deep. The characters beside the mc have character and a personality. They have a "backstory". I really did enjoy the male characters and the mc has her moments.

sorry I'm just not one for love triangles (JUST PICK A GUY!!!) However, I can forgive this for how well it's able to satisfy the casual reader. Is it amazing? No. But it's unique in its own right so give it a read if you like romance drama.

tsukinohana's avatar
May 3, 2023

So underrated! The character work in this manga is incredible. It explores the psychological side of leadership and the great power of Nina's kindness and complex understanding of others. While the initial premise can sound a little silly, it quickly dives into more interesting sides of its setting. And while it does have a love triangle, it's not used for useless drama but to up the stakes and understand different sides of an issue, and is never used for petty miscommunication. The art is very round and soft and cute, but this manga does deal with some darker themes.