My Secretly Hot Husband - Reviews

Alt title: Nampyeoni Mimoreul Sumgim

My Secretly Hot Husband
upsidepenguin's avatar
Apr 12, 2021

Despite the "trashy" name, the manhwa is completely different from what I expected. Do you want a sweet Male Lead who isn't possessive, is respectful, and most importantly, MOST RARELY, is a SOFT boy, while still having great physical strength? Do you want a clever, yet still warm and optimistic, Female Lead? This is the one for you. No dragged out misunderstandings (solved in one chapter!), no dragged out angst. Truly a healthy relationship where they both care for each other, but not to the obsessive point.

Note: Please don't be turned off by the seemingly lolicon direction the story seems to take in the beginning. It's not pedophilic, I promise. They're both minors when they're engaged, and at first I was like "okay, there's only a 3-year age gap, but the mental age between 12 and 15 is a lot. How would they develop this romantically and healthily?" You don't have to worry about feeling uncomfortable with their affections, I promise. Just read it!

The story is engaging. It's what you get when you want the typical features of an isekai, but with some happy twists to the stereotypes here and there. And yes, the FL uses her "otherworldly" knowledge as a cheat code often, but I never felt annoyed with her antics. It didn't feel Mary Sue, because you are shown her fears and you know she's putting on a brave face. She uses her mind well, but not to the unbelievable cunning genius level. We're shown she racks her brain to get a good plan. She's a strong FL who comes off as someone approachable in real life.

Now, from the title you might expect the FL to like ML only because of his handsome face. Wrong. She likes him even before he revealed his face, and she already decided to stay before knowing ML's true face. There are plenty of sweet moments before he revealed his face, so do be assured that their love is not superficial (though admittedly ML's face is the cherry on top of their relationship).

The art is really good. The colours and lines are really crisp, and the shading is good. The artist draws the proportions perfectly. The artist manages to express the ML's emotions well even though he wore masks. The colour of the ML's eyes is a good choice - they look magical.

I recommend you read this if you want a manhwa that is entertaining, comedic, and is all in all a greatly enjoyable read.

Reviewed at chapter 39.

9.5/10 story
9.7/10 overall
RedHornet's avatar
Oct 15, 2020

I'm only 10 chapters in but already it's a great story that is well-paced. It sets itself apart from all the other reincarnations stories, with the ML thinking he is hideous even though he looks drop-dead gorgeous. That concept in itself is extremely funny.

The MC having memories of her past life, comes up with smart ways to deal with monsters as killing them is easier than surviving in a capitalist world. Yup, that's right. Anyways great story. Can't wait to see how their relationship will progress from here. Σ(ノ°▽°)ノ

Misoony's avatar
Jan 21, 2024

I was originally off put by the name of this manwha, but I'm glad I decided to read it anyway, because it turned out to be really good. It had well-written characters, a cute romance and a pretty exciting story. So I definately think it was worth the read.

We mainly follow Letitia throughout the story. One of the main reasons I like her a lot is because the manwha explores both sides to her. We see how caring she can be, especially towards Erden, but she also cares about majority of the people. While the manwha also shows her acting in what can be considered a cruel manner, and the manwha even acknowledges this. We see both sides to her, she's not the perfect, super good female lead, and that's one of the main reasons I like her. I also like her because she comes up with all these different plans and she's a strong person. I liked watching her come up with plans that could be considered bad in order to help defend the place she considers home and the people she cares about.

Then we have Erden who lacks self-confidence and for majority of the story, thinks Letita deserves better. He's so sweet, and acts a lot different from the typical ML. He's not the typical cold duke of the North lol to say the least. Over time he begins to gain confidence through Letitia and in her he finds strength. I really liked him as a ML and he was just so sweet so how could I not. He really cares about Letitia and always wants to do what's best for her, and he acts this way throughout the entire manwha. Letitia and Erden have such a sweet relationship and always support each other.

Now my main issue with My Secretly Hot Husband, was just how fustrating it could be. For a long time of the story, Erden wanted a divorce and I know it helped with development, but my goodness did I find it fustrating. And then what I also found fustrating was just how long it took them to be romantic to each other at all. This isn't necessarily a bad thing to the story or anything, but it really fustrated me so I had to mention it. I am glad that Letitia didn't just like Erden because he's handsome, and that she loves him no matter what. Thank goodness the manwha decided that.

The story was good! It was exciting throughoout, I liked seeing Letitia and Erden work together to defeat demons and use their schemes to defeat them rather than just fighting. And then in the end, everything came together well in a nice, well-done conclusion where everything kind of added up and was solved. I liked it, for the most part it was really light-hearted but it was also exciting, so it was good.

I'd recommend reading this, especially for the exciting schemes of Letitia and seeing the sweet moments of Letitia and Erden together. It was so sweet and kept me entertained throughout the entire thing. It wasn't one of those cliche stories where the girl wakes up in the strange world and just has to survive. This is about Letitia becoming stronger and stronger while also working through problems with Erden by her side. It was one of the better manwhas I've read.

8.5/10 story
8.5/10 art
8.5/10 characters
IrisWhite143's avatar
Dec 21, 2020

This story is SO good. I keep forgetting how childish and cute the ML is because of his mask and then you'll have a scene with his fangirling over his wife and lose it. I have laughed so much while reading this.

LowkeyDeadInside's avatar
Jan 3, 2024

I absolutely love this. The art is magnificent, as is the plot. At times things are a tad bit hard to understand if you don't really understand like the economy and shit, but it's not that big of a deal.