My Secretly Hot Husband - Reviews

Alt title: Nampyeoni Mimoreul Sumgim

My Secretly Hot Husband
upsidepenguin's avatar
Apr 12, 2021

Despite the "trashy" name, the manhwa is completely different from what I expected. Do you want a sweet Male Lead who isn't possessive, is respectful, and most importantly, MOST RARELY, is a SOFT boy, while still having great physical strength? Do you want a clever, yet still warm and optimistic, Female Lead? This is the one for you. No dragged out misunderstandings (solved in one chapter!), no dragged out angst. Truly a healthy relationship where they both care for each other, but not to the obsessive point.

Note: Please don't be turned off by the seemingly lolicon direction the story seems to take in the beginning. It's not pedophilic, I promise. They're both minors when they're engaged, and at first I was like "okay, there's only a 3-year age gap, but the mental age between 12 and 15 is a lot. How would they develop this romantically and healthily?" You don't have to worry about feeling uncomfortable with their affections, I promise. Just read it!

The story is engaging. It's what you get when you want the typical features of an isekai, but with some happy twists to the stereotypes here and there. And yes, the FL uses her "otherworldly" knowledge as a cheat code often, but I never felt annoyed with her antics. It didn't feel Mary Sue, because you are shown her fears and you know she's putting on a brave face. She uses her mind well, but not to the unbelievable cunning genius level. We're shown she racks her brain to get a good plan. She's a strong FL who comes off as someone approachable in real life.

Now, from the title you might expect the FL to like ML only because of his handsome face. Wrong. She likes him even before he revealed his face, and she already decided to stay before knowing ML's true face. There are plenty of sweet moments before he revealed his face, so do be assured that their love is not superficial (though admittedly ML's face is the cherry on top of their relationship).

The art is really good. The colours and lines are really crisp, and the shading is good. The artist draws the proportions perfectly. The artist manages to express the ML's emotions well even though he wore masks. The colour of the ML's eyes is a good choice - they look magical.

I recommend you read this if you want a manhwa that is entertaining, comedic, and is all in all a greatly enjoyable read.

Reviewed at chapter 39.

9.5/10 story
9.7/10 overall
RedHornet's avatar
Oct 15, 2020

I'm only 10 chapters in but already it's a great story that is well-paced. It sets itself apart from all the other reincarnations stories, with the ML thinking he is hideous even though he looks drop-dead gorgeous. That concept in itself is extremely funny.

The MC having memories of her past life, comes up with smart ways to deal with monsters as killing them is easier than surviving in a capitalist world. Yup, that's right. Anyways great story. Can't wait to see how their relationship will progress from here. Σ(ノ°▽°)ノ

IrisWhite143's avatar
Dec 21, 2020

This story is SO good. I keep forgetting how childish and cute the ML is because of his mask and then you'll have a scene with his fangirling over his wife and lose it. I have laughed so much while reading this.

sabrielsharmony's avatar
May 21, 2022

The story is mostly about how she uses her modern knowledge to take down demons in order to lift his curse. It is a good story but not a ton of romance. They only kiss once despite being a couple for seven years and afterwards they are too shy and awkward for much to come of it. However, the ways she takes down demons through using modern business techniques is very entertaining.

Len453's avatar
Apr 1, 2021

This is 100% a hiddden gem that should be talked about IT'S JUST SOOOOO CUUUTTTEEEEE

blsuhing ML is everything, he's so precious and FL is really cool and smart

100% recommend