My Room is a Dungeon Rest Stop - Reviews

Alt title: Boku no Heya ga Dungeon no Kyuukeijo ni Natteshimatta Ken

My Room is a Dungeon Rest Stop
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Apr 20, 2020

This manga tells an ecchi storyline in an engaging way, by having an interesting setting and characters with actual nuance. Touru moves into a new apartment--one which opens up into a dungeon when fe opens the front door from the inside. It's fun seeing fem discovering the rules of how this interplanar gateway functions and finding ways to make the most of it. Fe meets several girls from this fantasy world, who begin to live with fem, and fe learns about experience points, status screens, and max levels from this other world. It looks like eventually fe'll find a way to continue feir part-time job as a diner cook while adventuring in the dungeon during feir downtime. I enjoy the blending together of real-world with fantasy.

I don't expect this to become a classic or anything, but it's still a pretty entertaining read.

[Reviewed at chapter 18]

HikenNoAsxce's avatar
Jul 29, 2020

My Room is a Dungeon Rest Stop, sounds exactly as it is, kinda.
Protaganist buys a haunted apartment (because it was super cheap) only to realize it's not haunted but connected to another world, by a door in the back.

This is one of those trashy everyone wants our MC's "Magic Wand" sort of Stories. BUT that doesn't mean this isn't fun and enjoyable. The key element here really is that our Hero isn't some overpowered chosen one but just a regular guy who cowardly kills slimes to level up. Two Volumes in and he is only level 4. The cute girls in cute outfits defniately helps, though the manga does jump into creepy fan service territory.

Read it for what it is, a trashy Isekai about a guy who gets to live with,

• A Blonde Knight, who really respects & maybe likes the MC.
  • A White Slime, who talks about serving the MC, sexually.
  • An Elf Mage, who straight up wants the MC's Master Sword.