My Role As The Villainess Is Over! - Reviews

Alt title: Akuyaku Reijou no Yakuwari wa Oemashita

My Role As The Villainess Is Over!
SululuXD's avatar
May 23, 2021

At the time of this review, there are only 3 Chapters scanalated in English, so these are more like first impressions than anything. The manga has a little bit of a confusing start; the protagonist’s sister is hospitalized and is going to die, when a spirit talks to the MC and promises her sister’s recovery if she reincarnates into a villainess. The protagonist accepts this deal, and promptly becomes a baby in a new world. We don’t get to see any of this however, as it quickly skips ahead to the end of the game setting, whereupon our MC has intentionally strived to obtain a bad end, being fed up with noble responsibilities, which she only partly achieves, as she is stripped of her titles and relegated to being a maid instead of being exiled like she hoped, because she never actually used physical violence against the heroine. It’s at this point where the spirit claims the contract to be completed and says our MC is free to live how she wants. What? So she just had to go through the game’s events? She didn’t need to achieve a goal or anything? Okay then… Anyways, a bit of a drama-filled rom-com begins to unfold. The character writing is iffy, some characters have depth, others are 2-dimensional and extremely shallow, but the plot is quite novel, so I’ll keep reading this one in hopes that the writing improves a bit.