My Red String of Fate - Reviews

Alt titles: Beware of the Red Thread, Bulgeun Sireul Josimhaseyo.

My Red String of Fate
Loversday's avatar
Sep 20, 2021

I am tired. We are tired.

I've tried my best to be patient with this story since I made it up to chapter 44, but wow, I didn't know I was getting tested like this!

The story is a damn mess! Starting from the human world down to the novel world! You're telling me, she was preoccupied trying to follow that red string that she fell into a sewer hole? So whoever falls into a sewer hole gets put in a novel world??! Why did they decide to be OH-SO-CREATIVE with that one? I thought since they were so cliche they would've at least had her ass get run by a truck or something. I mean that makes much more sense since she would've been reincarnated I guess. But of course- they purge the hell out of that plot- which made the FL character even more complicated. As I kept reading you can tell the authors were struggling their asses off to give that girl a damn personaility. A damn shame! Also a little off-topic but the way she kept repeating "abel.." "ABEL!" "Abel?!" "aBEl..." LIKE DAMN! Every single time I scrolled I was getting annoyed, I felt as though they were being lazy and trying to fill in some spaces as how you would reach a word count in an essay. I'm attacking the female lead more since we are put in her perspective and the amount of stress I went through is ASTRONOMICAL. I have so many faults with this story, Imma just write it down in a list.

- The FL is weak and gets in the way, which puts her and others in more danger.

-She is insincere when it comes to other people's feelings.

- The "I have to stick to the original plot" gets me so fucking mad. And her belief is way too damn strong.

-Abel is too damn possessive for the FL. There are some female lead characters in other stories I know will be able to handle that personality but his is way too overbearing. A mess.

-Abel ass always getting hurt. I know he is part human but GOT DAMN. He always getting his ass BEAT UP!

-The heart in the box makes my ass itch for some reason. Idk it's too weird. He grabbed a box and said "this is my heart" WaHAHhh!! This brings me back to the female lead being insincere, her ass thought it was a good time to say something that disregards everything! SMH

-Her still being nice to Catrine AFTER he SLICED, THREW HER "LOVER?" ABEL FROM THE SKY, and then KIDNAPPED her to the light age or whatever pissed me TF off. And you know what's so funny, the "I'm going to push Catrine away from me and fall to the ground, but still gets kidnapped", just cut it for me.

- Who is the strongest? That is my question. Who is more in a higher position? Because why abel always getting beat up! The female lead always getting thrown around, Catrine always slumped on some tree? What's going on!?? There is no structure!

- How the hell did abel and the FL went homeless and BROKE to the point they had to reside in the Dark age manor. WTF! How can A grim reaper! GO HOMELESSS! ANND BROKE??!! A GRIM REAPER! A FUCKING GRIM REAPER. And they made it seem as though he's the only one, so tell me HOW?

-When Lucia asked her not to MEDDLE the original plot, YOU SHOULD'VE FUCKING KNOWN THAT SHE IS AFTER YOUR ASS! But the FL is such a kiss-ass person she was like "No it's not like that" and all that mess. GIRL she too knows how the orginal plot is supposed to go and to see how you taking all of her male interest ATTENTION WILL TRIGGER SOMETHING.

-When lucia asked who her lover is and she told her, she smirked. SMIRKED! Girl she finna take YA MAN! but knowing the damn FL, her ass just gonna have him get taken away since she following "The OrGInal pLOT" HEAD ASSS UGHHHHH

I'M DONE. DROPPED AT 44

OH- AND THE ART- I CANT.

3.5/10 overall
Manthika's avatar
Jun 28, 2020

Strong, intelligent female lead?  Perhaps not.  Hot guy repeatedly ripping his (already revealing) top off?  Absolutely.  If nothing else, the manhwa is funny, and the setup gets you hooked pretty fast if you’re just looking for some mindless entertainment.  Give it a chance even if you don’t like it at first- I definitely went from ‘who does this ******* think he is’ to ‘I must protect this baby’ in under 10 chapters.  (Sidenote: translators are Thirsty as Sin.  Hold me, I’m scared)

WiredBall's avatar
Jul 20, 2020

It feels like something people who like 50 Shades of Gray would like. The story shows off a fake, obssesive romance where the main character enters a toxic relationship but decides to stay in it cause the guy is just to hot. The arts pretty standard aswell as the character. Its a smut-y romance without the smut and if your into that thats cool, you do you.

Veronica2507's avatar
Jul 14, 2021

I'll keep this short.

This is mindless entertainment. If you like bad fanfiction, this is your heaven. The romance is very rushed and doesn't really make sense, all characters are flat and there is no actual plot. I'm dropping this on chapter 11, because I just find stories like this to be very predictable and unrewarding.

Like, cute stuff happens, if that's what you're here for but be aware that: not only is it unearned but you're also likely to not care.

The art could use some work, not gonna lie.

LuckyM's avatar
Jul 25, 2022

Very very good! Another great story that takes its own twist on common plot devices. Characters are really good as well. Art was good except for the fact that they didn't explain why Abell's hair changes color sometimes (there seems to be a logical reason, it just isn't talked about.) Story was great, flow was good, nice pacing. Overwelmingly recommend.