My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! - Reviews

Alt title: Otome Game no Hametsu Flag Shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Shiteshimatta...

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
ishadream's avatar
Aug 1, 2019

I kind of have mixed feelings for this manga. I don't like how stupid and dense the villainess is, even though she's supposed to be dumb like that. I like how she's trying really hard to go with her plan and is trying to survive. It's just- she's so fricking retarded it's kind of hard to believe that someone can be so dumb. I actually think she's dumber than me and I didn't even know that was possible.

6.5/10 story
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Aug 8, 2020

None of the characters are really that interesting. For a bit, Katarina was pretty engaging, with feir tomboyish and crass streak, but once fe turned fifteen, any personality fe had was overshadowed by feir denseness. By that point in the story, fe'd already spent seven years constantly telling femself that fe must avoid the bad end. Ironically, this made fem too paranoid and blind to notice that fe's already avoided it because the various love interests are now interested in fem. Fe shows extreme, unwavering fatalism. In order for the plot to move forward (and to be fair, the plot is pretty interesting), fe needs to be completely unable to recognize that the boys around fem are interested in fem, so denseness becomes feir primary character trait. Fe's so dense that it's a bit funny, but it also destroys fem as a character. At best, fe's a walking joke. That's not to say that fe's not still entertaining though. The other characters all appreciate how fe looks them straight in the eye and is honest with them; it makes them feel valued and understood.

I was genuinely surprised that the manga didn't end at chapter 22, since at the end of that chapter it seemed like everything up to that point had been tied up in a neat little bow and the story didn't feel like it had anywhere else to go. So far, the chapters after that have...continued. And there's recently been some developments which indicate that this new story arc may be dealing with the ascension to the throne and a power struggle between the princes. It's still alright and sorta cute, and Katarina's quirky lack of common sense are still the highlight.

[Reviewed at chapter 29]

SailorMewMew's avatar
Feb 23, 2020

I was honestly pretty hesitant to read this, since Isekai stories can get cliche and boring pretty fast, but this one managed to hold my attention! It's a cute, fun story with a lovely plot and characters you can really connect to. Our MC was a bit dumb, but it was never to the point where it hindered the plot, so it came off as a cute quirk rather than anything annoying. Seeing her begin to pick up all her friends and rivals as li's was pretty funny, too, and since each character had such a distinct, realistic (for fantasy) and relatable life and personality it didn't every get boring. In all, one of my favorite light novels to date!

9.3/10 overall
UnicornLight's avatar
Jul 26, 2020

In the beginning, I really liked this manga. It had all my favorite elements, comedic relief, a lovable heroine, and a set of characters with diverse personalities. But then the MC managed to make everyone who was supposed to hate her absolutely adore her somehow, and it all felt a bit too easy. I know it's supposed to be in an otaku game and all, but it still bothered me how literally all the male leads completely fell for her, and all the female characters completely worship her. I understand how she helped them in various ways, but I wish it would've been a bit harder to win everyone's affections. I was also really hoping that there would be some more interactions among the group of friends she has that aren't centered around the main character. I would have loved it if one of the male leads fell for anyone other than the MC, but that didn't happen. Although the fact the MC was a total idiot was endearing at first, but got kind of old after a while. While I totally understand how some people find this extremely enjoyable, it's not something I would recommend.

Mysticdreamz17's avatar
Jun 7, 2019

I absolutely love this story even tho I try to stay away from isekai based mangas but this one won my heart.my two complaints are 1)I need more chaptersssss!!!!

2)the main character act more ignorant that what I would prefer

but guys this is totally worth it please read it

YOU WONT REGRET IT!