My Fair Footman - Reviews

My Fair Footman
neichann's avatar
Jul 21, 2021

The beginning was interesting, but then the story kinda lost its spark around the middle. It dragged on for much longer than needed due to the unnecessary and rather boring conflicts. Both of the main characters were also very plain. I hate how there wasn't much character development or focus when it comes to the ml as the story pretty revolved around the fl's background; it was like he existed solely for her to have a love interest and nothing else. I don't even want to talk about the fl...the whole story was about this bish, and what change did she go through? Oh right, the only thing that changed drastically was her face after she went back to being a girl.

I suppose the problem I have with this series is that everything just feels forced? Lots of good ratings though so it looks like a majority of people would enjoy it, but this definitely isn't for me.

5.7/10 overall
Pilgrim3's avatar
Mar 13, 2021

What a cute manhwa! For the most part, it was sweet and adorable.

STORY: The starting part was really promising with an interesting setting, but I feel like as the story went on, some of the added plotlines were a bit unnecessary. However, if you take it with a grain of salt, it was still enjoyable.

ART: The art was so beautiful! This is one of my personal favourite art styles, so every chapter was a visual pleasure. The characters were all so beautiful, particularly the FL. I loved her with short hair as well!

CHARACTERS: In the beginning, I really enjoyed both the ML and FL personalities, however, the FL was so naive and a bit stupid in some situations, I found it hard to relate to her! But I guess it's because she grew up as a simple footman, but you'd think she would've learnt to be more cautious! However, the ML was just so sweet and swoon-worthy I couldn't help but love him. Together though, they made a lovely couple, and every interaction of theirs had me smiling. The villain was also pretty good, as I could understand her motivations and intent. Was she the most complex and clever villain? Probably not, but overall she contributed well to the story. I really appreciated some of the secondary characters, especially the prince and princess! They were such refreshing characters, and I  would've loved to see their side stories.

Although there were parts where I was super frustrated, the end really made it worth it. I will however say that this was one of few manhwas to actually make me cry. The scene wasn't the saddest I've ever read, but the warm emotions were really beautiful, and I ended up being pretty emotionally invested in this story.

Overall, a sweet manhwa with a lot of cliches if you want a mostly fluffy romance.

fuehuehue's avatar
Sep 13, 2021

it's your cliche *spoiler* " i fell in love w a noble while cross dressing as a boy and found out i'm a noble too so it'll work out" story.

Alezandra's avatar
Jul 19, 2022

Pleasantly surprised by this. The story is your typical historical romance and not too complicated. It has a linear story and less drama. A lot of people find it to be boring or cliche but I find it comforting.

I enjoyed the art the most, the eyes and eyebrows are what drew me to this manhwa. There was effort done here. The colours are so vivid and it was such a joy to read through it all.

What I enjoyed in this story is that the pacing is done really well and I admire the FL with her strength, her loyalty and her love of food. There were times when she gets a bit too naive and she gets away with a lot of things - feels unrealistic when she was supposed to be a "footman" but she seems to be very well taken care of.

The ML is commendable in his loyalty and his love for the FL. He too can be found to be naive and in such that everything just comes into place in his world. Nothing much goes awry from him other than what the plot is meant to go just so they can discover the truth. There was something lacking with him coz it just felt like he exists solely for the FL. Hence my apprehension coz I believe the ML needs to have some character growth.

I enjoyed the back story with the family, I felt more emotion from what happened with their parents and such. I think the family story held this together coz without it, this would definitely have been very dull.

Also, the kiss happened too far in the story, and the love story felt all too prim and proper. A lot less spark. With that said, I've read too many stories in this vein so I am comparing too much.

Overall, a good comfort read if you're looking for romance and less drama.

Ericius's avatar
Jan 2, 2021

Ok this is a 7.5, I mean the art is amazing, the story is cute, maybe a bit cliches , but still cute, the story is not too long (maybe even a bit short) and the characters are mostly a bit plain but enjoyables.

it start very well, it keep you on it for most of the story (even if u may predict more then half of it after like 4 chapters) it get a bit slow around the 60s and back on normal speed After 10-15 chapters , the problem at this point is that the story is basically ended, so yeah is still cute, but a bit boring because not much awaits you in the last 20 chapters, just adjustaments after the stuffs that happened before.

it is true that is a very short story, so I guess they didn't want to rush it , now let's wait for the fluff in the side stories

6.5/10 characters