My Deepest Secret - Reviews

My Deepest Secret
Spore397's avatar
Dec 9, 2020

I will try not to spoil anything but take this as a warning just in case I do

{YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED}

Ok, I will not lie... this was a very enjoyable WEBTOON to read... at first. Season 1 was great and very entertaining if you ask me, however when season 2 rolled around that's when it started to go downhill. The characters became a absolute mess to the point where you questioned how low IQ you became after reading each chapter, the "oh, I know what I did was absolutely illegal, but I have a sad backstory so you should pity me, plus I'm a minor " it was basically like that the entire time except less extreme depending on the character, and I'm not even kidding, each character had a sad cliche backstory so you would pity or like the character even more and it got so annoying after awhile. After getting into season two after some time, it was terribly noticeable how absolutely STUPID the characters have become, like a character was being chased by the murderer and hid themselves in a room and sat there for 5 seconds and thought the coast was clear and gets bodied a panel later, and words could not describe how airheaded the MC had become, it could even get into America's got talent because of how CRINGEWORTHY it was to see her IQ drop at a rapid rate through each episode.

Moving on from the characters, the plot twists were so cheap, I'm not bluffing when I say this, the author would try making a plot twist but it slowly just started denting the story in a negative way. Then the season 2 finale rolls around, and let me tell you, that was the worst and I mean WORST plot twist in WEBTOON history. It just felt so desperate and cheaper than a box of stale crackers. Like seriously it was just such a stupid plot twist even a newborn could pull that off.

Honestly, this reminds WEBTOON reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul, it had SO much potential and was a masterpiece at first, but then the whole story just seems dragged and honestly pathetic after a while.

Curiousmadra's avatar
Aug 11, 2020

WARNING IF YOU HAVE NOT READ SEASON 2 PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT MY REVIEW

Tbh this season wasn't as great as S1 because I felt the character Emma is getting way too dumb to understand the amount of carp being thrown at her and there's less Elios in this. I didnt mind Yohan t first but he's getting annoying with always trying to protect Emma. Yeah I'm dropping this I'm afraid after reading 56 chapters of this webtoon..

Ponyo18's avatar
Aug 4, 2020

Warning: Minor spoilers.

I think this is a pretty good webtoon.

Story: Emma has the 'perfect' boyfriend she always wanted, Elios. But little does she know that Elios is more than meets the eye. One secret could ruin their whole relationship.

There is also a bunch of more complex details and backstories, but that'd be spoiling.

Art: It's pretty good although sometimes the proportions are off.

Characters: Elios really has that psychotic thrill, but I don't like him. He killed a cat for Pete's Sake and has done much worse. Emma is a bit frustrating but she's not annoying, she's just madly in love with Elios. Yohan is a good, popular character who just wants to help out, although he is a bit nosy. He's related to a detective if I remember correctly.

Overall3.5/5 stars

Hana815's avatar
Jan 25, 2022

When I started reading this, I already knew two of the biggest twist that this had to offer. So I knew going in that that will affect how much I enjoy the story.
That being said, the author continued to surprise me with new twists and turns. One of the best things about MDS is that it is very well thought out. There aren't any plotholes in the storyline. The author had thought and planned it out well before even starting this webtoon. So it really ties up nicely in the end. A smooth finish.
But it was the ending, that made me give this a 10.
The ending was something that, I didn't think the author would actually do it. As it was a risky move but it made the webtoon 100% better for me. A fitting ending for a story that was going close to reality.
I think it probably would have been one of my favorite webtoons if I didn't knew those spoilers. And actually could enjoy the story to its fullest.
Cause it was definitely a ride.
Very excited about the next project that Hanza is working on.

9.8/10 story
8.5/10 art
9.5/10 characters
Nessa0407's avatar
Apr 12, 2022

I did not see all the plot twist coming. I read it all at one night (don't recommend doing that though) so I think it added something to the suspense lol. The writing is very good and keeps you hooked.