My Dearest Self With Malice Aforethought - Reviews

Alt title: Shinai naru Boku e Satsui wo Komete

My Dearest Self With Malice Aforethought
Animage5's avatar
Jul 9, 2021

Nothing is as it seems. Don't trust anything you read in this manga, one second you think you know what's going on then the next it's something else. I love the characters especially the main character he's really likeable. The story is basically about him going out with his friends then waking up in the morning only to find out its been 4 days since he went out and he has no idea what happened in those 4 days. It's really interesting and if you're not reading G0! right now!!

Htripa's avatar
Oct 7, 2021

A good psychological manga that starts off weak but picks up in a real strong and engaging way.

acube3760's avatar
Jan 7, 2021

This one is really a tough one, a story about split personality and being a serial killer is very tough to read with all those nude+sex and murdering scene. seems like "Bastard" main villain and this story same has one but as mc. I am kind of guy who takes emotions from the story but taking from this story was really tough.

story is good you should go for it if u are okay with all the killing stuff, he try to find out about it split personality, as he is the murderer or not. the deeper he goes, more unpleasant things he found about him and what his split is doing.

bunda6662's avatar
Apr 12, 2022

This is the typical story where you keep guessing who did what while falling for twist after twist. The plot is very well done even though the author started a thing with the journalist harassement but quick forgot all about it and it was never mentioned again, as I understand this was the only "loose end" in the whole story. The art is amazing from beggining to end. The characters are also interesting and far from being a walking cliché. All in all I would recommend this manga to anyone who like mistery stories that keep you guessing until the end.

<spoilers below><spoilers below><spoilers below><spoilers below>

....

I still don't understand why Kyoka wanted to introduce her father to Yoko or why she wanted to kill her. I don't think it is ever explained.

Curiousmadra's avatar
Oct 7, 2021

So basically this manga is about a goofy guy wanting a girlfriend named Eiji who is known to be a son of a serial killer known as LL and he seems to have Dissociative identity disorder (DID) where he switches to his ego known as “B1” (btw why do alter egos involved in the MC’s have to be so damn badass than their original forms ? just saying). He also has a girlfriend Kyouka who treats him and she has messed up secrets of her own. Man, this manga has a lotta things happening at once that I really couldn’t try to pinpoint the memorable scenes in this horror manga because my brain just literally shut down whilst reading the rest of the manga. I really feel everyone is just going after each other at the end of the day like

I mean I wouldn’t even consider it the “best horror psychological manga I’ve ever come across” but it is still a grand read to binge if you like your Bastard, Pigpen, Death Note or other well known serial killer manga that’s out there. It also shows dead bodies so keep that in mind before you read this manga because it might be upsetting for some.

7.4/10 overall