My Boo - Reviews

Alt title: Transparent Cohabitation

My Boo
Lupa's avatar
Apr 18, 2019

Let me start off by saying that if you are the kind of reader than needs a story with rainbows and unicorns where everybody has the happy ending that they deserve, then this is not the story for you.

I would not describe this story as uplifting, or light-hearted, or comedic, or inspiring, or even happy. Why did I rate it a 10 then, do you ask? Because despite how sad it made me feel, I have the upmost respect for the author for not pulling any punches or taking the easy way out in the end. The author put her characters on a path and followed through with it.

I have never felt as sad as I have when reading this manhwa with any other story that I have ever watched or read. I hurt. With the scenarios that the author created, I felt the same frustration, unfulfilled longing, and sadness that the characters felt. When the main characters hurt, In a way, it made me feel as ifI was in Yuri's place, not just observing her story, because I felt so emotionally connected to what was happening. By the end of the story, I had tears streaming down my face.

If I could use one word to describe this manhwa, it would be "bittersweet". If you are fine with reading a story where things don't all turn out well in the end, then I HIGHLY recommend that you read this. The synopsis had me expecting a story that was cheesy, corny, and trite, but in reality, it was anything but that.

Chocolatesplzz's avatar
May 10, 2020

Damn where do I begin? The plot intrigued me from the start. Although from the get go you already know what will happen but it's still a nice story...

I love how the characters progressed and how there's no unnecessary characters added to the mix. The ending was satisfying for me.

If you want to read something that makes you sad and happy at the de time, give this a read!

9.5/10 characters
8.8/10 overall
kano64's avatar
Apr 19, 2021

I might just be raging this whole webtoon is a 10/10 in the spur of the moment. I just finished reading it and I felt it. I was able to feel the build up reading every word and grasping it. I never really understood what it meant to feel like you are the character and then feel their pain by the end. It was empathy, and I'm grateful for such an emotion. The ability to feel for someone else's pain and it goes beyond what's tangible and real. A story of love and loss and confusion and re-evaluation. Holding onto the past, letting go of the past, and learning from it. How people can change you and you can change people. That there is such a thing of love beyond touch and despite how extraordinary it can be, it can also hurt. I'm just rambling now but if you needed a reason to read this, a story to open your eyes or learn from or even just to feel something. I hope my comment gave you a reason. I think I will read this webtoon in a few years and feel it all over again.

Kalina5082's avatar
Apr 7, 2019

Highly Recommend

i can not believe that the creator of my boo was make me crying for 3 times whole the story . i would like to recommend everyone to read this manga and im sure you will like it as i did .

if possible would like to suggest to creator to make sure Jun Go and Yuri So will be together at the end of the story . :"(

moochz's avatar
Nov 11, 2020

The characters are good, the storyline is simple and easy to follow, and the ending made me cry into my cheese and crackers in the kitchen at 12 am.