Mujang - Reviews

Mujang
essateg's avatar
May 12, 2018

Mujang follows Kwon, an orphan boy who becomes tangled up in conspiracies and coup d'etats on the path to revenge for the death of his older brother. Kwon shows excellent martial arts skills that can best every opponent he comes across, which eventually catches the attention of the military.

The story itself has several major time skips, varying between when he is a teenager to well into adulthood. The skips can be quite abrupt, but help to move the story along.

Overall, I'm giving this a 9/10 based on likeable characters, great storyline, and pretty remarkable fight scenes. Still trying to sort out my feelings about the ending, as it seems a bit inconclusive and obscure.

tigian's avatar
Jan 13, 2020

Completely predictable.

It has a good begining but it just gets tremendous power ups without any training to the point it gets ridiculous.

MEriVia's avatar
Sep 9, 2019

Mujang: Set during the Goryeo military regime, a hero that arises from a slave to be reborn as a general.

I hope it's gonna adapted to anime

Very good story, a lot of awesome character...

Oscblade's avatar
Nov 19, 2020

This is by far one of my favorite manga's that I have ever read. Honestly, I wish there was more but at the same time I think the ending was great.

The action is just fantastic, the mc shows growth even though he starts out op. The fight scenes cause to get hyped as you read them. In the carnage that the mc dishes out is just awesome.

The characters are memorable with lots of character development not just with the mc.

The bad guys or villains have defined reasons that make sense for why they are after the mc. This story is capable of doing this also because it partially uses some real-life stuff that happened in Korea.

The romance is not really all that great but even though it's simple it's still better than twilight movies.

Honestly, if you like martial arts stories with cultivation of ki then this is a must-read.

ciPherE21's avatar
Nov 26, 2019

Very disappointed..  So predictable...  Scheme are one-sided script..