Monster Musume - Reviews

Alt title: Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Monster Musume
Viperess's avatar
Nov 9, 2013

Story: Kurusu Kimihito is a typical japanese high schooler who suddenly has his world turned upside down thanks to the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Act". His house has been chosen as a homestay by the government. His new roommate is literally a monster. Sexy lamia Miia is sweet, has a cute habit of calling Kurusu "darling" & is super strong. Too bad for Kurusu it only get weirder. As Miia's homestay is viewed as a success, Kimihito finds himself hosting a busty centaur, a flighty harpy, a sexy slime girl, a dreamy mermaid & a kinky spider lady. When the rules change from a "hands-off" policy between the species to Kurusu must choose a bride from his roommates, how wild can things really get?

My review: Okay, outside of the girls being monsters, this is a standard harem manga with more than enough fan service. Sorry but, in this gal's opinion, way too many boob shots. So the guys will love it. Miia reminds me too much of Lum from Urusei Yatsura. Kurusu is the usual wimp to let the girls run him however, he does stand up to the girls once & even has a chance to defend their honor. I hope to see more of this otherwise, he's just the ladies whipping boy/plaything. The slime & harpy are pushed to the background to make way for the more interesting mermaid & spider. As this work is still ongoing, my review may change later.

shanejayell's avatar
Jun 3, 2018

Good, fun if quite adulty series. I would say, the manga goes a LOT farther than the anime in adult content, overall. It's fun, but I had a few 'eeep' moments while reading a volume on a bus. *lol*

mrd456's avatar
Jan 4, 2013

I think its a great manga been a while since I started reading a manga and was this hooked I would love to see an anime of it and hope that it is updataed faster

Thega's avatar
Aug 26, 2018

It's a ecchi manga, meaning boobs are a commonly shown thing,

it's basically Monster Rancher with lewd (sometime in heat(as usual)) "animal-human hybrid", with the mc bulding a harem(as usual) squad with your usual stereotype, such as the flat chested, big chested, sometime-big-sometime-small chested "monster"

8.3/10 overall
ZorroMeisterZ's avatar
Oct 2, 2012

It's your typical harem setup. One guy meets a bunch of girls , and some how must co exist. THe twist. These girls aren't human. The other twist. They're not the usual inhuman either.

Not cat-girls, hot kitsune, or dragon ladies. Nope He's got a lamia, a harpy and a centaur. I think that alone more or less makes the entire series worth reading. The fact that there are glaring phyisiological differences and just how things work out.

Needless to say, I laughed. SO the manga achieved at least one of it's goals. Worth at least a glance.