Master Villainess the Invincible! - Reviews

Alt title: I'm a Martial Art Villainess but I'm the Strongest!

Master Villainess the Invincible!
machiabeeli's avatar
Sep 17, 2021

The are literally no words that I can use to criticize this. Pacing, humor, story line, characterization are completely on point and although I'm not very familiar with cultivation / martial arts manga, it doesn't come off as too overbearing or boring; rather, the complete opposite.

Haewon is the perfect female lead - strong, capable, and determined to change her fate but also she comes off as human and authentic. For all her power and knowledge, she still has doubts regarding her capabilities and where she'll bring the people who follow her. That for me is unheard of. We get all these female leads being reincarnated and they immediately fit right in the world that they wake up in. Haewon is different. She still feels like she's an outsider and questions her own motives for doing what she does. That in itself signals that the author of this manhwa really thought about the characters' motivations and fears.

The art style is breathtaking and something unbelievable in real life looks almost realistic, with how beautifully rendered it is. The plot is already good by itself but because of the care put into drawing the world, it feels so painfully alive with every panel, as if we could reach out and touch the sleeves of her red cloths ourselves.

Should you read it? You should've read this before you read my review. It's that good. Without question MWAH 10/10

Reviewed at Chapter 50.

Gigisasa's avatar
Dec 17, 2021

[Minor spoiler] I really didn't enjoy reading this.

Clichè story, where the mc gets strong after 5 chapter because she eats a ginseng.

dealgerobelia's avatar
Aug 5, 2021

AWSOME! Everything is amazing and the our FL is so badass and strong. The emotions, romance, action, mystery, investigation, fighting scenes, humor, and cutness. Everything is so well balanced and the art is so pretty. I love everything about this. Makes me squeel in every chapter ^.^ ahhh love it <3

YukinaZero's avatar
Jun 1, 2022

I don't usually enjoy Korean historical fantasy fiction but this one was a pleasant surprise. Nothing revolutionary, but a really fun read with a cute couple. If I had just one complaint it would be that this story tedns to exposition a bit too much. Seeing entire pages of word vomit if your not that interested in the plot can be daunting.

Scoops16's avatar
Jan 16, 2021

Talk about a badass female lead. Our FL, Haewon, was originally a romance novelist who died and isekai'd into the martial arts novel she read before dying. This is a classic tale of the villainess trying to escape her death flag. It is cute, funny and an exciting twist for a romance manga.

9.5/10 story