Manchuria Opium Squad - Reviews

Alt title: Manshuu Ahen Squad

Manchuria Opium Squad
MangaXexperts's avatar
Dec 3, 2021

this manga is not for everyone. it's more like narcos where the line between good and bad is very thin. This manga is quite heavy, especially how they show the devastating effects of opium.

8.5/10 story
7.5/10 art
Curiousmadra's avatar
Sep 29, 2021

So i found out about this manga through the great Sydsnaps latest video about how she said it is like Breaking Bad and I have to agree. The main character, Isamu, goes into the army (physically and mentally abused to the max) to earn money in order to save his poor mother from the plague and wants ensure his younger siblings get settled into life. Then himself and the siblings discover a poppy field that involves with making the drug opium. He tries to sell this drug he made to the Chinese mafia and there he meets the badass hitmen chick who’s daddy runs a Chinese mafia organisation, Li Hua. Both team up along with many other unique sidekicks along the way.

Now I would say this does have the usual tropes like any shounen manga has but my god, the art, story and characters were just spot on. Now this is still ongoing with only 20 chapters I can find online but guys you need to read this still. It’s interesting to see a bit of Japanese and Chinese culture mixed in there to give us newbies a taste of both cultures. To add if you wanna find out more a little bit of Chinese history, this manga has this too!