Mad Cinderella - Reviews

Mad Cinderella
Empress's avatar
May 23, 2017

The romance in this manga is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I tend to like most Yaoi / BL because to me the couples are always so cute, but this one... this one is in a whole new category by itself. I have no words to express how beautiful it is. You can read it and you can feel just how pure the love between the characters is. Another thing that made me really love this is that it's very different from other yaoi stuff where they just jump right in with the sex from the get go, like the second you realize you're in love and bam you're pushed down to the floor and suddenly having sex. No. Or where the uke is a very annoying tsundere's always pretending he doesn't like the seme and refusing to show affection and pretending he doesn't want it so much that you sometimes wonder if he's actually being raped because he keeps saying no (cough cough Misaki cough). There are some instances where the uke is shy and pushes the seme away but in most situations it's absolutely understandable (thin walls and roommates who you know are purposely listening for it) and since it's so reasonable you don't get annoyed.

Story: It was actually very sweet and it made me smile a lot. The plot isn't spectacular but I made me happy and it was enjoyable. Some people might not like it because it's not like sex in your face, but I rather like it this way. It can get a bit repetitive in some areas, but nothing is perfect and it didn't annoy me at all so it was good.

Art: Not this is the area that took off the most points. The art is pretty and all but it's very very unstable. By unstable I mean, the style. It seems to change the style from a bit different to generic and back and forth. In the beginning even though Ryota was small he was masculine. You could absolutely tell he was a guy even though he was skinny and short, but he was a boy. Later for some reason he just starts to look like a boyish looking girl and that annoyed me so much because I'm reading yaoi for a reason. And then towards the end Ryota goes back a little bit to looking like a guy. Another thing about the style is that I sometimes had trouble telling characters apart. That's how bad it was.

Characters: Beautiful characters. The uke isn't your typical push over who can't stand up for himself and is nothing without the perfect seme. He's isn't as capable as the seme but he can hold his ground and I love it. The seme isn't the stoic, I'm-so-perfect type but he's absolutely adorable and the interactions between them is absolute gold. Love their relationship

So most of the reason I didn't give this a 10/10 was because the art thing irked me

6.5/10 art
Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 31, 2020

No doubt about it, this is the best yaoi I've read this week. I feel like I've been purified.

Story: "Teijin Sakuichi was born in a house of one of Japan's leading conglomerates while Ryota Kishi was born and raised in a common household and lived a rather crude lifestyle. Despite this difference, they were neighbors and childhood friends that grew up together. However, in the winter of their third year in middle school, Sakuichi proposed to Ryouta before going to study abroad. Years later, having no contact, Sakuichi suddenly appears before Ryota completely changed. Has Sakuichi forgotten all about Ryota and their proposal!?" The synopsis really didn't hype me up that much, that scenario is literally solved in the first few chapters. But it's still a really cute, innocent yaoi that I will definitely come back to re-read.

Art: Just above mediocre, sometimes Ryota looks so damn cute.

Characters: I really liked Sakuichi, AKA Saku. He did a good job playing his role of the rich, doting seme. I think Ryota is my favorite uke ever, he's so understanding, responsible, and firm with his decisions. Plus they communicate a lot so there is barely enough room for drama. And I loved how the nuisances were gone so quickly.

Overall4/5 stars

Apr 22, 2020

👏BEAUTIFUL!!!👏.~\(≧▽≦)/~

aeab32's avatar
Jan 16, 2018

A lovely story of acceptance of gay love. There is some violence but quite mild. There are not many sex scenes and all are consensual.