Lucia - Reviews

Lucia
satxire's avatar
Apr 30, 2020

OVERALL:

This story is a disaster. First of all, the art. Its awful. As an artist of 7 years, this burns my eyes. FL looks like she has greasy hair, 7in long mouth, and mascara gone wrong. ML looks like hes a vampire on crack. Because of this art, it makes it especially difficult to read fluffy and romantic scenes, including the sex scenes. This makes me want to drop the manhwa immediately.

Proceed with caution reading this.
In addition, FL and ML makes out VERY often. It makes me wonder how nothing is happening to Lucia. Sure, it is stated in the story that she can't get pregnant due to her messed up period. But, she can still get other infections from sex. So where's the protection? Well, I did my research and since this is a historical manhwa, many modern things will not be invented yet, including condoms. Instead, people will use animal intestines. However, there's also that fact that they're not using protection at all.

So I don't think I can read Lucia at all anymore. Due to the art and the fact that they might be using animal intestines.

• Overrated
  • Cliché
  • A typical storyline where the author thinks that adding sex scenes will change up the typicalness to a uniqueness.
  • What is even happening? Nothing in the story is making sense.

Nonetheless, I don't want to make anyone mad at this review or shame the author. This is my personal opinion and I hope this will help you, whoever's reading this.

YukinaZero's avatar
May 27, 2020

There are many romance mangas out there in the world but very few of them are actually romantic. This story is one of the rare few. It focuses a lot on the relationship between the main leads and I love it. The scenes all seem very intimate and realistic for a married couple. This story is also not afraid to bring sex into the relationship. Sex is a very rationale and healthy part of a married couples relationship and I understand that these type of mangas like to stay PG but sometimes you just want to read something a little bit more mature. There's nothing to explicit in this so if your looking for a manga dedicated to people above the mental age of 12 this is the one.

Ponyo18's avatar
Aug 4, 2020

Let's see.

✅ Overrated.

✅ Boring.

✅ Typical contract marriage storyline.

✅ No additional unique ideas.

Story: Lucia is the mistreated sixteenth princess of the kingdom and saw her unfortunate future in a dream. She alters her fate by proposing a contract marriage with Duke Hugo Taran. Will Lucia be able to avoid her horrid fate or will her plan fail?

I have seen this plot so many times and as mentioned before, there are no additional ideas that left an impression on me. It's like it's the cliche taken straight out of text.

Art: I am baffled, the art by no means deserves a ten. The eye shape is wack, the noses are side-ways triangles, and the mouths are too small. Nothing fits. And sometimes Lucia's mouth gets so big it covers half her face.

Characters: Lucia's temperament is all over the place, it's like she has twelve split personalities. Duke Hugo is like every cliche 'cold, silent type' male lead. So predictable, I want something new!! And why does Hugo look like Son Goku? It's an irrelevant thing to say but it bothers me.

Overall: 2/5 stars

I think I'm being generous by giving it 2 stars.

The panel below, which I don't consider pretty at all, is probably where Lucia looks the best.

Son Goku

Goku Base , Png Download - Son Goku Base, Transparent Png , Transparent Png  Image - PNGitem

Duke Hugo Taran

Lucia - Tappytoon Comics | Official EnglishLucia - Tappytoon Comics | Official EnglishLucia - Tappytoon Comics | Official English

Catbeeisafraid's avatar
Jun 26, 2020

I honestly don't like this manga at all. I started reading because I had nothing else to do I never liked it. The art is okay but I don't like it, ml is to fricking bulky and fl looks like someone smeared strawberry jam on her face, held a knife to her throat and said "wipe your mouth and your dead" but it's certainly better than some and at least consistent. However at a certain point the story goes on a long plot rant about incest and that's when I dropped it, I think it's one thing when it's a story about royalty and it says something about someone marrying their 2 cousin or something (and everyone in the comments is freaking out cus ewww) because in today's standards that's gross but in medivel times that was totally normal, but like clan species brother sister inbreeding, I cannot put up with that I don't care about the time period that's where I draw the line. I honestly don't know why everyone is so obsessed with this the art is waaaaaaaay overdone and the story is pretty weak. I'm sorry I tried my best to not say anything too awful because I can only imagine how hard it is for a creator to see their work get verbally berated so I didn't say everything I might've also all I mean is that Lucia is not for me if you like it good for you! If you like the art great! I think you should give Lucia a chance if it sounds compelling to you and if you don't like it that's okay if you do that's cool too, I might've sounded harsh but that's just how I feel everyone has different opinions so please don't take mine too seriously.

5.3/10 overall
Chico418's avatar
Jan 24, 2021

I have read 64 chapters and I'm honestly very impressed I really liked this manhwa this is one of the first manga/manwha that I have read with a female as the protagonist and I really liked the whole time travel part at the beginning and I get that some people didn't like it and that's fine everyone has a right to voice their opinion which is why I thought I should as well I usually read reviews before reading manga/manwha just so that I don't get disappointed or frustrated when I read it but that's not the point I personally really liked it I definitely recommend that you give it a shot.